GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
RIP Jim. You were extremely helpful, level headed in heated debates, and just a genuinely nice person. I've probably read a post by you just about every day since I picked up my MK7 in 2016.

A person like Jim is one of the reasons that I still prefer a forum over Facebook groups. There's more of a connection with the users here, especially if you're a regular. It really makes you think how you could pass by a fellow member on the street and not even know it, but still feel like you know someone so well.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Guys, before passing, Jim requested no wake or funeral and asked that in lieu of flowers, send a donation to the SPCA or St. Judes.

Went with the Arizona SCPA Memorial Donation.

1653571628157.png

Jim, you were a real one.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Didn't know him that well but his avatar was easily distinguishable when perusing threads and realizing he was a frequent poster. I know I was on plenty of threads he was posting in or he chimed in on some of mine. Sounds like he was a hell of a dude to hang with in real life with all his passions.

Here's hoping myself and others here can also be well into their aging years still posting on forums and hanging with the younger crowds because of an equal passion that draws us together. RIP Jim.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
So sorry to hear this, I enjoyed his straight forward replies to posters here and always looked forward to his direct replies to my posts. He had a simple direct, matter of fact answer to all our questions. Thank you for the help Jim, rest in peace now.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
RIP Jim, we didn't interact that much, but I could tell you were honestly helpful.

(Memorial to St Judes sent)

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Rest in peace and may his memory be eternal!
Always insightful posts, will miss his contributions.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Everyone here including myself could learn a thing or two from Jim. Forums get heated sometimes, he was always able to remain cool and collected, not very many can say the same. He left his mark on this community and will be missed.

love that you called this out.

Definitely one of those cases where you stand back and think about things. My old account (Golf Wang) was banned for cursing at Jim for a silly misunderstanding. He may have been acting obtuse, but moments like this make you regret that shit. He was a great guy and a pleasure to interact with 99.9% of them time. He was also a grown ass man and I am embarrassed / disgusted at the language I used with him for really no reason.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
damn, i'm searching for some various MK7 related stuff today and coming across posts from Jim all over the place. this ain't gonna be easy for us!

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Very sad... Jim had a great sense of humor and was a staple on this forum. When I first joined, I quickly learned that his advice was accurate and straight to the point. He's the type of guy I would have loved to have a beer with and talk shop. Rest easy, Jim.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
love that you called this out.

Definitely one of those cases where you stand back and think about things. My old account (Golf Wang) was banned for cursing at Jim for a silly misunderstanding. He may have been acting obtuse, but moments like this make you regret that shit. He was a great guy and a pleasure to interact with 99.9% of them time. He was also a grown ass man and I am embarrassed / disgusted at the language I used with him for really no reason.
Not to derail but normally you don't want to tell the moderator that banned you that you came back under a different name....not very smart. I don't remember the incident so I'll let it slide but yeah.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Literal Jim.

Now I'm the one that's going to have to ask for explanations when there's any sarcasm.

RIP. You'll be missed.