GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The TVR Sagaris is one of the coolest-looking cars ever created. And that color!!. I gotta thank Gran Turismo for introducing me to it.

View attachment 250190

Flip paints were factory on many TVRs....the cars from the Peter Wheeler era were great....I've seen many in person...only one I haven't is the Speed12....1000bhp....& too scary for the PW himself...which is why it only went racing & was not homologated for the road....

& they built their own engines for that era...

TVR Car Club - TVR Speed 12 Details - TVR CAR CLUB (tvr-car-club.co.uk)

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - Wikipedia

I still have many of the original car mag articles from that era...

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I find hand brake position hilarious.

Was a left handed brake common at one time :unsure:
apparently not too uncommon - i think the lamborghini diablo was the same way!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
there were sooo many buttons in some of those 90's cars too - 3000gt and 300zx i think had a gazillion buttons, definitely fighter pilot style
Tactile buttons > all touchscreens

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Pfft...

My first car from 35 years ago had digital gauges. As well as multiple LCD screens. That shit got me hooked from a young age...

View attachment 250186

View attachment 250187

Man, that car was dope...
No doubt. I had an 88 Beretta GT digital dash. It was cool, but I still prefer analog gauges like my old Trans Am.

1653421008077.png

1653421082930.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The TVR Sagaris is one of the coolest-looking cars ever created. And that color!!. I gotta thank Gran Turismo for introducing me to it.

View attachment 250190
I agree, pretty insane car. But video games taught me those are impossible to drive fast.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Didn't finish the car in time, and I need to do a shakedown somewhere local before I go 5 hours away in it.
Great idea. Don't do what I did and break it without a trailer.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
He'll never tell us the truth. Anyone who reveals the secret is given the William Wallace treatment.

That's why r/ScottishPeopleTwitter exists, to throw us off the scent and make us think they're always talkin like that.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Has anyone heard from Jim this week? Several of us have been PMing and talking to him over the last few months, but he's not responding to PM's, texts, or calls. He hasn't logged in since last Thursday.

cb1111

Has anyone heard from Jim this week? Several of us have been PMing and talking to him over the last few months, but he's not responding to PM's, texts, or calls. He hasn't logged in since last Thursday.
I've reached out to a couple of "non board" people who know him to see if they've heard anything.

Let's hope he's on a cruise in the Bahamas.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
short of the automatic transmission i submit my fiero as one of the most analog cars ever. its fucking SQUARE. The A/C controls arent knobs but like, slider buttons. The only knob is the radio knob. Even the turn signal stalk is like switching a fuse panel breaker. kinda love it
View attachment 250182
View attachment 250183
I showed lady phur the first picture and asked her if it brought back any memories. She immediately chuckled, and said, “hells yeah! You could fuck me real good in that seat over there!”😏
The odometer on my Fiero was way off. We put WAY more miles on that car than what it read.

Status
Not open for further replies.