GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Agree on materials, but disagree on design (for some). Mk4 Supra and FD RX-7 had wonderful cockpit-like interiors. Made you feel like you were a fighter pilot. Can't say the same for Nissan, though... especially their materials. Nissan dashboards from that era seem to collectively have a suicide pact.
there were sooo many buttons in some of those 90's cars too - 3000gt and 300zx i think had a gazillion buttons, definitely fighter pilot style

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Agree on materials, but disagree on design (for some). Mk4 Supra and FD RX-7 had wonderful cockpit-like interiors. Made you feel like you were a fighter pilot. Can't say the same for Nissan, though... especially their materials. Nissan dashboards from that era seem to collectively have a suicide pact.
the FD also had a cockpit that was meant for someone about 5'5

I'm 6'0 and even with my seat as far back as it can go my knee was bent at an angle that meant I had to stop every couple of hours on a longer trip to stretch out my legs.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

I'm 6'0 and even with my seat as far back as it can go my knee was bent at an angle that meant I had to stop every couple of hours on a longer trip to stretch out my legs.

I miss cars like that. I'm 5'9" and pretty skinny and fit like a glove in my old Celica, felt like a perfectly sized pair of boots. In my GTI, I feel like I've got too much room and it's supposed to be a small car lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
short of the automatic transmission i submit my fiero as one of the most analog cars ever. its fucking SQUARE. The A/C controls arent knobs but like, slider buttons. The only knob is the radio knob. Even the turn signal stalk is like switching a fuse panel breaker. kinda love it
1653413623580.png

1653413634892.png

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

wait didn't vin diesel drive one of those in the first F&F movie?

he's nearly 6 ft according to the internets:
1653413839921.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
wait didn't vin diesel drive one of those in the first F&F movie?

he's nearly 6 ft according to the internets:
View attachment 250185
5'12"? Anything to not call him 6 feet i guess

I didn't say you can't drive the FD if you're that tall. I just said your knee is going to be at an angle. Do that for a few hours and you'll be taking a lot of "bathroom" breaks on long road trips

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
short of the automatic transmission i submit my fiero as one of the most analog cars ever. its fucking SQUARE. The A/C controls arent knobs but like, slider buttons. The only knob is the radio knob. Even the turn signal stalk is like switching a fuse panel breaker. kinda love it
View attachment 250182
View attachment 250183
I find the hand brake position hilarious.

Was a left handed brake common at one time :unsure:

Edit: typos

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
All I have to say is analog gauges and manual for life.

Digital gauges can get of my lawn.

Pfft...

My first car from 35 years ago had digital gauges. As well as multiple LCD screens. That shit got me hooked from a young age...

1653414979173.png

1653415187826.png

Man, that car was dope...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
What's the fallout?
Finally told him today lol

He took it way better than I expected. I knew he wouldn't be happy, but I know he's also the type that appreciates the honesty and that I don't bullshit anyone.

I'm a terrible liar and I also don't like hiding shit from people. Finally getting that off my chest was a huge relief.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
View attachment 250182
View attachment 250183
Ah, the GM "genuine mouse fur" seats... I do not miss those. Why was that ever a material choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.