GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Thursday night my wagon ate a road gator. Luckily nothing mechanical was damaged, but every underbelly cover and the front bumper were destroyed. Fortunately a friend still had his stock GSW TDI front bumper laying around! Swapped the bumpers out real quick and ran down to Dubs at the Lake!
View attachment 250128
View attachment 250130
It has a beard now, it looks distinguished.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Manned the squirt gun (MIG welder) & built the final AWD MQB DP/MP weld fixture today.

42 hours invested in the project so far, so $4,500ish parts & labor so far.
C1CBA3EF-0E65-455D-8FF2-056BCC3E2DC3.jpeg
F0EF82CA-0641-444A-A164-C094D335C8B4.jpeg
A8D92E7F-119D-4F04-8D70-6E39C1320789.jpeg
681E2844-41F7-4E52-89A7-ADBBA0221759.jpeg

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I don't have facebook, whats pricing looking like for the downpipe? I'm tapped for now after switching to EQT and needing a fuel pump but there's always Christmas.
Showing as $2,850 says “oem fitment midpipe” so I think that means for connecting to stock catback

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I don't have facebook, whats pricing looking like for the downpipe? I'm tapped for now after switching to EQT and needing a fuel pump but there's always Christmas.

It’s looking like $3,000 for the 4” DP GESI Gen2 cat (emissions compliant) & OEM Fitment Resonated Midpipe.

That’s only realistic if I can shave 7.5 hours of labor of what it takes to build the parts themselves. Otherwise I’m losing money at 3k.

It’s always quicker to build parts on a weld fixture than on the car, but shaving 30% of the labor off is a lot so we’ll see.

There’s tons of other options out there, but mines the only one that’s emissions compliant, true 4” & 3.5” all the way back, and utilizing a large body resonator in a bolt on solution.

I took on a ton of risk developing such expensive to build parts for this platform, so hopefully it wasn’t stupid of me. At this point I think I’ll be abandoning the full TBE option as a production part, due to sheer cost of doing so both in materials & my time. If I ever revisit that idea at least the DP/MP combo being set up to be modular is in place.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Showing as $2,850 says “oem fitment midpipe” so I think that means for connecting to stock catback

I posted that before having final numbers to crunch, I’d be losing money there so outside of one possibly being available cheaper because I dropped a section on MP & dented it…offered a new one to the guy kind enough to drive 12 hours to let me develop parts on his car and he accepted that offer so a cosmetically blemished piece (one of three that make up the DP & MP) will be offered at a discount first come first serve).

866BE24F-D7EB-4FC5-AC3D-6EB6013D3352.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Today: Found a dent on the hatch right under the window. No idea where it came from. Another one to add to the list for the PDR.

I found 3 (THREE!!) by my fuel door the other day when I was washing the car. No idea where they came from. And find it hard to believe they have been there this whole time, I would have noticed them while washing the car.

1653425886940.png

1653425955510.png

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I found 3 (THREE!!) by my fuel door the other day when I was washing the car. No idea where they came from. And find it hard to believe they have been there this whole time, I would have noticed them while washing the car.

View attachment 250204

View attachment 250206
Ughhh that sucks 😞

Part 1 of me gets irate and sees the dents every time I look at my car. Part 2 of me realizes my car is a daily it’s *just a car.*

part 1 is right tho

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R