2022 Formula 1 Season

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That race....

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
For a Spanish Grand Prix it was quite entertaining. That being said, it's still one of the most boring races on the calendar.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
For a Spanish Grand Prix it was quite entertaining. That being said, it's still one of the most boring races on the calendar.
:Monaco has entered the chat:

Pretty cool chart of race pace across the drivers. Hamilton's pace 👀 and Haas screwed the pooch on MSC strategy, a 3 stopper would have had him in the points.

This link will take you to muuuuuch higher res version.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
:Monaco has entered the chat:

Pretty cool chart of race pace across the drivers. Hamilton's pace 👀 and Haas screwed the pooch on MSC strategy, a 3 stopper would have had him in the points.

This link will take you to muuuuuch higher res version.

Man, Leclerc's pace was so good before the DNF. Seeing this, I really think he could have won if it weren't for his turbo bidding adieu.
Hamilton's pace was just startlingly good. I've always enjoyed Hamilton most when he's on the back foot, carving through a field.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
If the fans can't find you exciting, at least be drop dead gorgeous.

Fantastic photos in here.
GALLERY: The 2022 Monaco Historic Grand Prix • Petrolicious
I had a friend there and I was absolutely jealous of every damn picture he posted. Annnnnd LeClerc continued his Monaco bad luck with a brake failure on one of Lauda's past cars.

Man, Leclerc's pace was so good before the DNF. Seeing this, I really think he could have won if it weren't for his turbo bidding adieu.
Hamilton's pace was just startlingly good. I've always enjoyed Hamilton most when he's on the back foot, carving through a field.

LeClerc was driving into the sunset without the issues. Oh well, I'd imagine he's still happy with the fact that the car is fast and was able to carry his first stint well past what RB could.

Agree on Hamilton as well, his recovery drives are always bonkers. If you've never seen his 2006 GP2 Turkey race, an insane recovery, in as equal machinery as possible. Makes a good case against those that think 'its just the car'.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Merc's Monaco 2021/2022 track maps.

Pretty dang close for both years, closest out of all their comparisons. Makes sense, as this is the tightest track so far this year. It may usually just be a parade, but there's drama sometimes and the venue is so goddamn gorgeous. I'm always excited for Monaco.
My fiancee is really getting into F1 lately and she suggested we save up our shekels and try to stay in a hotel with a view of the track. All the money we'd spend on admission, we can put towards the hotel and just follow along on live on F1TV.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Pretty dang close for both years, closest out of all their comparisons. Makes sense, as this is the tightest track so far this year. It may usually just be a parade, but there's drama sometimes and the venue is so goddamn gorgeous. I'm always excited for Monaco.
My fiancee is really getting into F1 lately and she suggested we save up our shekels and try to stay in a hotel with a view of the track. All the money we'd spend on admission, we can put towards the hotel and just follow along on live on F1TV.
Qualifying I think is where the action is anyways, who can get around the fastest without binning it. Maybe the racing gods will look down upon us and grace us with a safety car around the pit window to potentially shake things up.

That's actually a damn good idea, I never thought of going about it that way. :goes and looks at hotel pricing for the weekend, eyes water:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I just really, really hope Leclerc can break his Lecurse.

xoxh6klt2q191~2.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Well, Ferrari and bad pit calls is just tradition, what can I say?

Quali was fierce! I prefer Monaco quali to the actual race most times. But wow, it was dumping buckets!! I was worried we'd get another Spa.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Yeah I found out how important a good pit plan is.