GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I can’t ever make myself claybar the entire car. I Claybar’d the roof and the hood and the front fenders and by the time I finish waxing them I’m bored. So now my car is 1/3 finished

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Unless you have bought a car since last fall, most of the usual references tried and true “hacks” for dealer lots is out the window… it’s a whole new world out there currently with new and used car sales… the whole go this day for a deal, or haggle this way, show limited interest, tell them you want to only pay xx, etc… it’s all met with “that’s the price right now” lol

They would rather have your GTI and not even sell you the R I’m sure… they all just want shit on the lots as the majority of current consumers are paying the silly prices cause they don’t have a lot of options.
The exception is people that buy a new car every few years from same dealer. I've bought 6 cars at one dealer. If I went to that dealer to buy right now, they'd sell like normal to me, because if they tried to gouge me, I'd simple not buy from them and go somewhere else in the future.

Cold walking into a dealer with no relationship, you're screwed right now.

And even with a relationship, certain really high demand cars, you'll probably still get screwed.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I can’t ever make myself claybar the entire car. I Claybar’d the roof and the hood and the front fenders and by the time I finish waxing them I’m bored. So now my car is 1/3 finished
I clay mitted - once.
That was more than four years ago.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Puuuuuuuulease. You have no idea what hot and humid is. Come on down to floriderp in the summer and you'll learn.
Lakeland in August SUUUUUUCKS

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
This should be in the "what I did..." but it's more of a confession. With that said, I had the APR coil packs removed cause it wasn't worth it at the end. Went back to oem coils. Should have listened...sorry.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
This should be in the "what I did..." but it's more of a confession. With that said, I had the APR coil packs removed cause it wasn't worth it at the end. Went back to oem coils. Should have listened...sorry.
What'd you run into? I know they were popular for a while, but I guess EQT is recommending OEM coil packs. I dunno, I'm probably sticking with OEM because I'm not trying to change more than necessary, power is excellent (though a little less so with the hot weather lately) and I really just want to get good tires.

Confession: My BFI mounts have been sitting for ~4 months now, because I'm a bitch and wanted my buddy to come over and help out, but somebody had to go and have a family and be an active part of their lives instead of doing car things with his best friend.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
What'd you run into? I know they were popular for a while, but I guess EQT is recommending OEM coil packs. I dunno, I'm probably sticking with OEM because I'm not trying to change more than necessary, power is excellent (though a little less so with the hot weather lately) and I really just want to get good tires.

Confession: My BFI mounts have been sitting for ~4 months now, because I'm a bitch and wanted my buddy to come over and help out, but somebody had to go and have a family and be an active part of their lives instead of doing car things with his best friend.
I did see that notice from EQT and have monitored more knocking with the APR's. I was pandemic-bored so I bought them, but I never noticed a benefit from them at all. I've been meaning to switch them back for a while but kept forgetting about it.

P.S. - I'm sorry that your best friend has a family and can't help you.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Are any coil packs other than OEM useful an upgrade? From what I understand, the OEM packs provide plenty of juice for pretty much any build.

Last edited: