GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Yeah that’s what I was thinking at first…. keep driving with the protune gently until I get the first revision.. easier as I don’t have to reflash after… That’s what Nick said first in the kind of generic email we get with the original pro tune file…

I wasn’t sure if to do the logging with the o2 sensor unplugged as well (answer was yes) so I was asking EQT that and also wondering if to just go back to stock after logging (instead of driving gently) but I got a reply saying to stick to “the base map or any stage 2 tune you have,” and to not use the stock tune after….

The only other stage 2 tune I have is the COBB one lol… I was assuming they mean base map as in EQT OTS tunes which I don’t have… or did I misunderstood and the base map means the vanilla (pre revision) protune I just got from them?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
you can keep using the same tune/map that you used when logging. the power should start off at a safe level so you can drive around normally

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Had a new windshield put in. Filled the 10L/2.5Gal jerrycan full of E85toE98. Read some different reviews of Petro U94 that claim higher or lower E content than the standard 10%
Drove to a couple of different auto supply places looking for E85 test kits- unshockingly, the land of no corn juice has very little in the way of cheapie E testers. Saw a nice 3gal gascan for boats at PrincessAuto.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Had a new windshield put in. Filled the 10L/2.5Gal jerrycan full of E85toE98. Read some different reviews of Petro U94 that claim higher or lower E content than the standard 10%
Drove to a couple of different auto supply places looking for E85 test kits- unshockingly, the land of no corn juice has very little in the way of cheapie E testers. Saw a nice 3gal gascan for boats at PrincessAuto.
Amazon is probably your best choice.

https://www.amazon.com/Boost-Monkey...t=&hvlocphy=9031089&hvtargid=pla-851331078450

I went with the Fuel it kit:
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/combust...motive&sprefix=fuel+it+,automotive,149&sr=1-5

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
you can keep using the same tune/map that you used when logging. the power should start off at a safe level so you can drive around normally
This. After your first log they will let you know if it’s unsafe to drive on that revision. I’m having fueling issues currently preventing me from turning it up but was told the bass tune is fine to drive for now.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
3.5” Midpipe coming together.
DA07DF2C-625B-4BF0-B181-575FDBA27B7D.jpeg

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Looking pretty nice!

Also today (in the background as I type), watched a Baun Performance video where he talks about brakes.

Fully agree with you on EBC. Their bed-in is actually a 500km process, IIRC. Took them on the BlueRidge, and they were great, but needed replacemnt by 20k kms. I will never use EBC again.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Got a stud kit installed. Need to clean my wheels

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Washed car/wheels…..clay bar’s and waxed…..1/3 of the car lol