GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
It sounds like reflashing removes any learning that has happened. Couldn't I also just hypothetically reload the tune onto the car every month or two to just reset those values and not have to unplug the sensor?

I'm not getting any O2 codes with my neuspeed downpipe (checked with OBD11) so I'd rather not disconnect the sensor if it seems to be functioning.
yes you can do it that way too

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Whats this about stage 2 unplugging rear 02 sensors?

If you get a P0420 (soft code on the Accessport), unplug the secondary O2, clear codes and reflash tune. It'll now give you a P0036 which has no effect on fueling. If you don't have a P0420, leave it plugged in.

It's not a problem we or Cobb will ever fix.

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I've just read that EQT now recommends non-projected spark plugs. Any thoughts? Stage 2.
They recommended that a while back when the beru rs7 plugs kept dropping their tips destroying many an engine. You don't need full non-projected plugs especially if you're driving your car on the street like most of us are.

A good portion of the forum has switched over the ruths, it's what I'm running on my stage 2 eqt tune as well. Just gap them to .024 and you're golden.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ngk,95125,spark+plug,7212

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Terrible, nobody seems to answer the phone or call back at EQT 😏
Calls are always returned... usually same day. We are not always available to answer the phone right away. FYI, e-mail is always responded to within 12-24 hours as well. If you have had trouble getting in touch, please let me know the details via DM.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Calls are always returned... usually same day. We are not always available to answer the phone right away. FYI, e-mail is always responded to within 12-24 hours as well. If you have had trouble getting in touch, please let me know the details via DM.

There's no way! Ed check the Call logs and post it up. No way EQT didnt respond. EQT has the best customer service better then "other companies" out there.

EQT always responds to me, while customers waiting for Emails and call backs Ed takes the time to respond to my post. Thanks Ed. EQT for the win!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
There's no way! Ed check the Call logs and post it up. No way EQT didnt respond. EQT has the best customer service better then "other companies" out there.

EQT always responds to me, while customers waiting for Emails and call backs Ed takes the time to respond to my post. Thanks Ed. EQT for the win!
Bruh, try being more subtle next time. ;)