GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Hello to everyone . Maybe off-topic, but I'm curious. Has anyone ordered from ECS Tuning and had a problem? I bought it on March 28. They shipped on April 19th and gave an invalid tracking number. I talked to Fedex local dealer and he says there is no package delivered to them. ECS Customer service is not responding...

View attachment 249522

View attachment 249523
Dude, cancel and order from FCPeuro for that lifetime warranty....

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Another video from our favorite street racer….

14.02 @ 101.39 mph. Dude needs a driver mod bad… my stage 1 ran faster than that on shitty all seasons - heck, that’s damn near a stock 1/4 mile time. Sounds like he’s shifting at like 5.5K… no words, horrendous.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion

14.02 @ 101.39 mph. Dude needs a driver mod bad… my stage 1 ran faster than that on shitty all seasons - heck, that’s damn near a stock 1/4 mile time. Sounds like he’s shifting at like 5.5K… no words, horrendous.
oofff why would he post that?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I guess it's nice that he has something he enjoys. I used my dragy once and I was like... "oh yea, I have the same car 100,000 other people have, with the same tune 40,000 other people have."

I should get around to selling that thing.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I guess it's nice that he has something he enjoys. I used my dragy once and I was like... "oh yea, I have the same car 100,000 other people have, with the same tune 40,000 other people have."

I should get around to selling that thing.
To me its not about showing off or whatever, it can help you improve your launches while also measuring performance. For example, when I buy a set of wheels and HP summers it would be fun to see how much I gained in 0-60.

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
I experienced it painfully. :(
Sorry to hear this, I actually had a warning about my experience earlier in this thread... turns out they had a horrible reputation in general. They just have a really nice website and a bunch of clowns running around in real life :rolleyes:

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Hello to everyone . Maybe off-topic, but I'm curious. Has anyone ordered from ECS Tuning and had a problem? I bought it on March 28. They shipped on April 19th and gave an invalid tracking number. I talked to Fedex local dealer and he says there is no package delivered to them. ECS Customer service is not responding...
ECS is hands down the worst parts seller anywhere. They're like the friend from high school you used to know that ended up failing at life. Every time you see them you think they've finally hit rock bottom but then they do something even worse.

edit: truth in advertising....

Attachments

• 281764792_7980769701936760_2576358920975937938_n.jpg
    281764792_7980769701936760_2576358920975937938_n.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 128

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
ECS is hands down the worst parts seller anywhere. They're like the friend from high school you used to know that ended up failing at life. Every time you see them you think they've finally hit rock bottom but then they do something even worse.

They're in Ohio. tO$U is their likely talent pool...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
very cool info dude! i also feel a bit of a tripup between the 1-2 shifts, and also think it could well be traction (even with the traction off like you have).

I am also liking the setup more and more. It does drive impeccably smooth and it definitely rips in the higher rpms.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
I really think that rear seat delete makes all the difference.

Real talk, absolutely loving this turbo kit so far. I cannot get over how OEM+ it drives. APR seriously knocked it out of the park. I'm really curious to see the times next week at the track. I just noticed from the video, if you look closely, the first to second change looked a bit weird and jerky. I'm going to have to log it to see if anything weird is going on. But.. to me it almost looks like its fighting for traction. The speedo jumps when it happens. It was pretty chilly out yesterday but my car has never fought for traction in the dry like this before 😂 Yet the launch was absolutely perfect.

I really wish I could get the MPI component and throw some e85 in it and show you guys what this thing is really capable of. Just not in the budget this year. :(
I may be doing this end of the year. I have about 5k of stock that is vesting that I may cash out.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Figure it's time to show dragy from my GLI... these are better times, but not the best times. For instance there was one 10.8 60-130, but sometimes dragy isn't always correct, so I threw that one out:
View attachment 249569View attachment 249570
Thanks for posting this!

2.3 60’ isn’t terrible for this power level on a non-prepped track. Does the GLI have a LSD?

Trap seems a little low for ~400whp (is the GLI significantly heavier than the GTI?), but 115-116 is def respectable.

Regardless, this is exactly what I was hoping to be running with this setup on my 245 Michelin PS4S, mid-high 12s @ +115mph.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
very cool info dude! i also feel a bit of a tripup between the 1-2 shifts, and also think it could well be traction (even with the traction off like you have).

I am also liking the setup more and more. It does drive impeccably smooth and it definitely rips in the higher rpms.
It's good you've noticed it too, that means it's consistent between our cars. It's definitely must be a traction issue. I think I mentioned sometimes I notice the traction light come on between a 1-2 shift when I'm really getting into it. Just from shaking the car down, I can tell first gear commands much less boost then second. I'm guessing once it hits second gear its like the flood gates open. If you play my video on 0.25 playback speed, you can clearly see the speedometer and rpms jump then "catch up". It's just hard to see in realtime because 0-60 happens so quick. What's odd is I feel like we both have pretty solid tires on our cars from the pictures you posted. I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports on mine and they've been great to me so far. Can anyone with a vortex XL or bigger turbo on a R chime in if they have the same sort of traction issues between gear shifts?

Either it's normal and we just need better tires, or it's something that can be adjusted in the tune to ease that transition between shifts and possibly yield better 0-60 times without spinning. I know it seems like a real minor issue, but if the tires slip for even ~0.2 seconds between gear shifts, especially between the 1-2 shift, it's a solid impact when you've got sub 3.5 second 0-60 times. I'll have to log it some point soon to get some better data.