GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
New package from Zhong Zhong. Just in case I need them in the future...

1652491064932.png

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Eurosport front with EuroCode rear currently and love em.

Can you post the torque specs for the bolts? Believe they were higher than stock when I installed. Probably going to be swapping suspension and want to make sure they get tightened down right.
Does the front add any feel? Does it weigh much?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I'd second what @mrmattolsen said. I looked into the eurosport strut tower brace after I did my RSB, mainly because I felt I was getting twist/flex up front.

Definitely stiffened up the front. Things are much more level on turns, especially pulling into my parking spot over uneven ground.
Exactly my path. Rear sway went in and then front felt too “flexy”

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Pretty light and definitely stiffens up the front of the chassis a bit under hard/quick steering inputs. Feels a little more livel

I'd second what @mrmattolsen said. I looked into the eurosport strut tower brace after I did my RSB, mainly because I felt I was getting twist/flex up front.

Definitely stiffened up the front. Things are much more level on turns, especially pulling into my parking spot over uneven ground.
Given I'm on metal camber plates, I wonder if the incremental increase in feel will be as pronounced, either way rhanks for sharing

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Special delivery from Zhong Zhong:

IMG_2132.jpeg
IMG_2133.jpeg
IMG_2137.jpeg

Quality isn't quite where I was hoping it would be but it feels decent enough in hand. Definitely meatier than the stock wheel, and I'm reasonably happy with the style.

Attachments

• IMG_2132.jpeg
    IMG_2132.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2133.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2137.jpeg
    IMG_2137.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 37

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Special delivery from Zhong Zhong:

Quality isn't quite where I was hoping it would be but it feels decent enough in hand. Definitely meatier than the stock wheel, and I'm reasonably happy with the style.
Looks much better than the first one they made. It got here pretty damn quick. Didn't they ship it beginning of this week?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Looks much better than the first one they made. It got here pretty damn quick. Didn't they ship it beginning of this week?
That’s what I thought but Ali says it shipped April 17… which feels impossible since we were still going back and forth on changes back then. There must be shenanigans afoot but it’s here and it’s good enough so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Stupid request but can you share some pics of your rotors after a good spirited drive. I've got the same rotors and the fuckers blued after one spirited drive with a M3. I do have Step Tech streets with them so they may be a bit too much pad. Have replacement front rotors but thought I had a decent street set up for the drive to work....in Mexico.

*no visable cracks
My Zimmerman’s blued after a hard stop from triple digits. I’m running the EBC red stuff pads all around. The bluing faded (for the most part, still some small areas) after a few days of normal driving with no adverse side affects that I can tell.
CDC51A39-4897-4DAA-A8DA-D8E58FB86CC0.jpeg