GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I am uploading some 360 footage now... but it's going to be a few hours. Let's just say it was not a good day for the M cars boys...

Attachments

• totd.JPG
    totd.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 96

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Finally installed the Unitronic intercooler that's been sitting in my garage for almost 4 months. Temperatures near Atlanta are basically in the 90s now so I really needed to just do it.
I was expecting the install to take all day honestly, maybe 8-10 hours if nothing went wrong. I knocked it out with some help from my roommates who had nothing planned during the day lmao. Took about 6 hours, including tool prep and cleaning up the absolute mess I made with random boxes and shit to help hold the radiator assembly while it was disassembled and hanging from the car.

I also broke the casing for my hood latch release cable, forgot that I broke it, and then closed my hood to make sure everything looked alright.... luckily I still hadn't reinstalled the grille yet, so reaching in with a little 10mm (I think) wrench to unbolt the latch from the hood was a hell of a lot easier than it would have been with the grille on. Taking those 2 bolts out took about 30 minutes because you can only swing the wrench about 10 degrees.
But I got my hood back up and taped up my release cable until i can zip tie it or buy a new casing. Great fun.

But anyway my headlights seem to sit a little bit lower right now than they were before the install. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm thinking it might be those 2 long 10mm/ torx bolts that hold the radiator/intercooler assembly to the frame of the car. I think that's attached to the headlight support somehow but I honestly don't remember... anybody have any suggestions?

View attachment 249242

View attachment 249241
Too much fuckery. Leave as is.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Did an oil change, installed new front rotors and pads (Zimmermann blanks & Porterfield R4-S), and RS3 ducts. Was planning to do the rears today and brake fluid flush with Motul RBF 600, but decided to call it a day and keep her on jack stands in the garage. Torquing those caliper carrier bolts to 150 ft-lbs must have took it out of me 🥱

Phresh Rotor.jpg

RS3 Brake Duct.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So yea, the whole Tail of the Dragon experience can really be ruined by one shitty person. Keep in mind, this series of photos took place right after a vehicle demonstrated to this person how to yield. This guy refused to pull over, and after watching him go across the double yellow literally 10 times to preload the turns in his shitty SUV I gave up and decided to turn around. One dude with a ego made a driving hazard for everyone coming down the mountain, and slowed down everyone going up.

That sucks. That is precisely the reason why you need to do the BACK of the dragon next time. Sooo much less traveled, more turns and generally just more enjoyable.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Here's a test upload with the editing software's automatic/lazy camera focusing. There is some serious fisheye that needs to be worked out, and the camera gets messed up in the last minute or so. This was from the 360 camera but not a 360 video... probably need some shorter clips for that.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
FINALLY hung the new golf r brakes with new dust shields, OEM rotors/pads, and a 4 corner (and clutch) flush with some VW DOT4. Easy job. (FYI since GSW uses different hub, Golf R carrier to hub bolts are too long. I cleaned and re-used my hub/carrier bolts and added some blue locktite. They are not stretch bolts so I am not concerned. 200NM no problem!

Don't mind the dirty ass car/wheel well. Gave her a good bath post install. FEELS GREAT, LOOKS GREAT.

Neighbor/friend picked up a Ghia project with an unreal turbo/flat 4 racing motor set up. The car sounds amazing. Been helping him refresh his brakes as well.

Last edited:

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Did you take the dust shields off?

I thought about taking the dust shields off but left them in place. Figured I would see how this setup works first.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Got a Forge turbo blanket installed a few weeks ago and over the weekend I slapped in a 034 turbo inlet, an AMS intake and RS7 plugs…. Also while I was at it swapped out the DV valve for the rev J and same with the PCV, I put on the BL revision… oh and finally the OEM euro shifter, might as well (it’s for sure better, a tiny bit less throw and snaps into gear tighter too)

Everything looks good, I’m gonna install the EQT pro tune maybe tonight….

question… should I drive it with the vanilla pro tune after logging or revert to stock tune (been working fine with all those mods) or a COBB stage 2 91oct tune…? what would you do….? I’m thinking just go back to stock….