GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tuners around New York?

jjboy500

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Anyone know if there are any shops in the tri state area that do dsg tunes/ custom ecu tuning? Primarily looking for somewhere that can do a dsg tune since many companies dont really have support for the 2021 model mk7.5 at the moment. I believe Cobb doesnt even support 2021 dsg models, so I cant go through eqt the way i wanted to. (for now)

My car has mild modification, is20 setup. Intercooler, catback, small suspension stuff etc im simply waiting for a tune to install my downpipe. Not looking for anything crazy out of the tune.

Dont mind if the shop is expensive, ill pay any price as long as my car wont blow up once i go to do a pull.

Any help is appreciated, I dont want to put a new ecu tune on and leave my dsg on stock file.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I have Mk7.5 GTI with Cobb AP and EQT DSG tune file. EQT will support the DSG through the Cobb AP. That's how they do all their tunes.

jjboy500

Car(s)
2021 GTI
I have Mk7.5 GTI with Cobb AP and EQT DSG tune file. EQT will support the DSG through the Cobb AP. That's how they do all their tunes.
The 2021 models have a different transmission code so theres no support for my model year.

Ive sent eqt a couple of emails asking on progress for a dsg tune, they didnt have any available last i checked. I really dont want to mess with cobb ots tunes.

Ill give it another shot. More on what im talking about here if youre interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/ppjfyj

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
The 2021 models have a different transmission code so theres no support for my model year.

Ive sent eqt a couple of emails asking on progress for a dsg tune, they didnt have any available last i checked. I really dont want to mess with cobb ots tunes.

Ill give it another shot. More on what im talking about here if youre interested.

Sorry. I had to comment on the attempted fellatio name.

Please continue your regularly scheduled thread.

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
My son went to ACI Dynamix in Seymour CT. Tuner’s name was Nick goes by Mr Turbo hand on Instagram. He has a 2012 GLI with a k04 turbo they did a custom ECU and DSG tune made 340 WHP and 360 WTQ on there AwD Mustang Dyno. Car runs and pulls great .

jjboy500

Car(s)
2021 GTI
My son went to ACI Dynamix in Seymour CT. Tuner’s name was Nick goes by Mr Turbo hand on Instagram. He has a 2012 GLI with a k04 turbo they did a custom ECU and DSG tune made 340 WHP and 360 WTQ on there AwD Mustang Dyno. Car runs and pulls great .
Than you ill definetely check them out. Im closer to the city, ive heard of Seymour not sure how far but I wouldnt mind a long commute anyway.

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Oh
Than you ill definetely check them out. Im closer to the city, ive heard of Seymour not sure how far but I wouldnt mind a long commute anyway.
bro you are right there , Probably an hour or less straight down 95 or 287 to 95 depending on where Yonkers , New Rochelle, Mt Vernon etc

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

? I'm lost. And don't know what your talking about there's only 2 model DSGs. All MK7.5 have the same DSG 7 speed.
The MK7 have a different DSG. But you said you contacted EQT and they said they have no Support for it. Interesting considering I'm also MK7.5 7 Speed DSG With EQT DSG tune.

So your plan right now is to find a local Tuner to tune the DSG they have no support for? So if you can't find it online, a local shop is sure to have it? 🤔👍

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
OP: Have you checked out APR, IE, or Unitronic? Their website says that your car is supported, but I'd call them to confirm.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
? I'm lost. And don't know what your talking about there's only 2 model DSGs. All MK7.5 have the same DSG 7 speed.
The MK7 have a different DSG. But you said you contacted EQT and they said they have no Support for it. Interesting considering I'm also MK7.5 7 Speed DSG With EQT DSG tune.

So your plan right now is to find a local Tuner to tune the DSG they have no support for? So if you can't find it online, a local shop is sure to have it? 🤔👍
Incorrect. The 2018 first-year Mk7.5 used the DQ250 6 speed DSG or 6MT.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
United Motorsports is in CT.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Incorrect. The 2018 first-year Mk7.5 used the DQ250 6 speed DSG or 6MT.

Oh I see, and the OP 2021 model that has a different transmission code? Is his model different than every other model with DQ381 including my 2020?

I would recommend United Motorsports if you gonna travel to CT for tune. I've been wanting the Proflex tune they offer where you can run both E and pump and it will adjust automatically. That's pretty sick.