GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I'm glad I derailed this and created a gti vs r lol. Yeah my halogens are shitty. At least I upgraded the bulbs for 12$. I guess I really have the basic poor mans GTI... sigh. At least I didn't buy that SE GTI with AWD that was like 13k more than a normal se.
View attachment 248873
No sunroof = Not an SE

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Hey now.

It's more equivalent to the Autobahn. Dual zone climate control, navigation, and full 12-way power drivers seat.
Yeah, not sure about the later years but in 2016 the only difference in features between the AB GTI and the R was the R didn't have a sunroof or spare tire (or working center console?), everything else inside the car was the same.

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Really poor? LMAO. You realize these are fwd cars, right? Not all of that 400whp can be put down. Hitting sub-5 sec. 0-60 is insanely fast for fwd.

No, that is not fast at all :ROFLMAO: I think 0-60 is largely a dumb metric, but going to 400 whp from 230 whp and only shaving off 0.8 seconds is bad. Fix your tires and suspension. Stock FWD cars with much less power do that all day long.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
No, that is not fast at all :ROFLMAO: I think 0-60 is largely a dumb metric, but going to 400 whp from 230 whp and only shaving off 0.8 seconds is bad. Fix your tires and suspension. Stock FWD cars with much less power do that all day long.

There are only 3 stock FWD cars sold in the US market that can hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds with a perfect launch and very sticky tires:
-Mini GP
-CTR
-Veloster N DCT

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
There are only 3 stock FWD cars sold in the US market that can hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds with a perfect launch and very sticky tires:
-Mini GP
-CTR
-Veloster N DCT
Yeah… I found the “all day long” part quite comical.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
-Mini GP
-CTR
-Veloster N DCT
Not to mention the fact that the driving skill and abuse you have to subject cars to in order to hit advertised 0-60 numbers is something very very few owners can do.

And 0-60 is kind of a stupid metric anyways..

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
40 roll… already in the meat of the power in 2nd and 3rd is the best one to ring out. By the time it’s time to get to 4th, speeds are already at jail time anyway.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Meh, my GLI w/ the DTR consistently does 5.0's 0-60, and has done a 4.90. While not R quick, a lame duck it is not...
Tom/APR1 do you have a 1/4 mile time/trap speed for that setup?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Update

Simos 18.10

We installed the turbo kit on another car (same box code as Branman's car). Ran through validation. All checks out.

Simos 18.x

Ran through all the updates and validated everything works as intended.

Rest of world

There are many variations. We started with some Non-OPF / Non-MPI vehicles (Simos 18.10) and then moved onto Simos 18.x vehicles. These are coming along. We're working with our partners in Germany and will seek TUV.

Overall

The team is happy. We're making a ton of updates and working through all the files now. As soon as they are all ready (there are a lot of them and each file takes a while to creat), we'll give an official update and let you know what the next steps are to get updated. We'll update dealers too. And just so everyone is aware, we'll be taking care of labor. Details will be coming when it's all done.