GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The announcers were constantly talking about exciting moments that were happening off camera.

Showing Lando driving by himself while Leclerc is passing Tsunoda 😞

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Pretty lackluster race honestly, but they can't all be 'bangers' I guess.

Fun fact though, with Max getting a grand slam this weekend and Leclerc in Aus, it's the first time ever there have even been back to back grand slams.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Race week

Pirelli released this infographic regarding the tires for this weekend, not surprising that track evolution is a 5 of 5.

Also, VW CEO has basically confirmed what a bunch of other rumors have already stated:
"Audi, Porsche to join Formula One, VW CEO says"

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
This race is going to be really interesting on the tyres. Hopefully we get some fun action like Turkey 2020 where the information is all over the place.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Potential red flags aside, I think qualifying results could be quite the mix up with track evo and everyone waiting until the last possible second to get out there.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
what does track evo mean to pirelli?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Looks like a less than stellar venue for spectators. Those grandstands are well back from the track. The only F1 track I've been to is Montreal, and boy do they pack 'em in close on each side of the hairpin there.

Oh, and the water has been painted in now! 🤣

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I don't understand the fake water. At first I thought it was a temporary solution and eventually it would be real water, but I guess not.. 🤔

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Are the “yachts” parked in cheese grits?
View attachment 248271
Nothing to see here, just particle board. Aside from the gimmicky stuff it looks to be a cool track/venue to watch from my couch, but that's about it. Spending laaaaaarge sums of money to sweat your ass off and barely see the action on track.... yeahhhh, no.

Also, LOL @ Miami in May; it was well into the summer temps during Indycar's St. Pete GP in Feb. I'm going to bet on rain during the race.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Nothing to see here, just particle board. Aside from the gimmicky stuff it looks to be a cool track/venue to watch from my couch, but that's about it. Spending laaaaaarge sums of money to sweat your ass off and barely see the action on track.... yeahhhh, no.

Also, LOL @ Miami in May; it was well into the summer temps during Indycar's St. Pete GP in Feb. I'm going to bet on rain during the race.
I would fully expect the "afternoon storm" right around the middle of the race. I believe it's starting at 3:30pm local time so within the first 20 laps there will be some rain. I would not be surprised if there is a red flag with how heavy it comes down.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I would fully expect the "afternoon storm" right around the middle of the race. I believe it's starting at 3:30pm local time so within the first 20 laps there will be some rain. I would not be surprised if there is a red flag with how heavy it comes down.
Then back to dry in 10 laps.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
A friend of mine decided relatively last minute -- less than a couple of weeks ago -- to attend the Miami GP. I'm afraid to ask how much he spent this late in the game.

I agree with g-magoo, I'm excited to watch this from my couch, but I would never even consider going to this GP. Vegas, on the other hand... considering.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, I'm still kicking myself for not booking a hotel room facing the Strip every weekend of November when they announced the month.