GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere. Where do we identify our ECU version that our car has? Does obd11 give this if I plug it in?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
thanks arin i got the support ticket rolling. hoping to make some progress asap on it!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
thanks arin i got the support ticket rolling. hoping to make some progress asap on it!

Hey, I looked into this with the support team.

Let's start with a couple things:

1) Let's get the correct DSG file. You are on the stock turbo tune. On the GLI, for example, we measured more than a second slower in 60-130 times.

2) You're running the stock intercooler. IAT is very likely to shoot through the roof, triggering our protection routines, and greatly reducing output. To meet advertised power, please run the intercooler and intake system.

If this were my car, I'd start there.

Does that make sense?

-Arin

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
@Arin@APR any idea when it's going to be out of beta? I don't expect a lot of people want to pay a shop to update the tune without it being final.

We're going to be taking care of our customers. More on that when I make an official update post / alerting existing customers / dealers etc.

BETA is just a way to separate out the files until it's all ready. I don't anticipate there will be any further changes, but you never know.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
BETA is just a way to separate out the files until it's all ready. I don't anticipate there will be any further changes, but you never know.

Pretty sure you said the same thing a couple of weeks ago, and here we are 🤣

Good on APR for acknowledging an issue and correcting it though.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Hey, I looked into this with the support team.

Let's start with a couple things:

1) Let's get the correct DSG file. You are on the stock turbo tune. On the GLI, for example, we measured more than a second slower in 60-130 times.

2) You're running the stock intercooler. IAT is very likely to shoot through the roof, triggering our protection routines, and greatly reducing output. To meet advertised power, please run the intercooler and intake system.

If this were my car, I'd start there.

Does that make sense?

-Arin
thanks - i'm on stage 2 dsg file, was waiting to hop onto the stage 3, hoping by then an ecu revision would be released lol
i am on the dtr6054 software for the ecu though.
yeah i'm in the process of getting an intercooler now

and may actually be going to mobile one today! please please let me know what parameters we can log for??

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
thanks - i'm on stage 2 dsg file, was waiting to hop onto the stage 3, hoping by then an ecu revision would be released lol
i am on the dtr6054 software for the ecu though.
yeah i'm in the process of getting an intercooler now

and may actually be going to mobile one today! please please let me know what parameters we can log for??

Why waste your time without the Intercooler yet? Arin already stated at least to have intercooler and intake. I highly doubt they're going to look for reasons you're not hitting advertised#s without hardware requirements. Just saying...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Fine. My shops looking into if the stage awd software is available for my car today. If so im gonna go ge tit flashed. Hope to have an intercooler and install it next weekend. Ill take moar 0-80 vids as we go lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
My typos have been on fleek this week
Screenshot_20220502-200049_Messages.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
EDIT: Nevermind, APR corrected the rep who spoke with my shop and the tune is available for my Transmission

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I talked to my shop, they talked to apr directly. The box code for my specific cars tcu is not ready yet, according to apr.

Miscommunication. The file is ready and has been. They will call you back.