GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Changed my sparkplugs for the first time (ever, I have never changed a set of sparkplugs). It's a small and very simple thing but it was a good learning experience. Car hit 38ish thousand miles and I don't know if the previous owner changed em so I decided to do it. Old ones were surprisingly clean:
20220428_192528.jpg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
View attachment 247526
Aside from the merch drop the wife called and said her battery low charge indication came on today on the 13 month old ‘21 GLI, so I put one of my Jr techs on it (he moved while taking the picture lol)

View attachment 247527
Have any hats available as well?
I’ll be sending you a PayPal order for a shirt in a few.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@Acadia18 My car, an S, doesn't have Climatronic. I know there are the partial retrofit kits with a couple sensors but I can't bring myself to install something I know will always have errors.

@Supermoto I must ask what's so great about the Mk7 wheel? It's not bad, but the Mk6 wheel felt better (to me). I always felt the Mk7 wheel was too thin, which is why I had an aftermarket wheel before this one. Wanting to go back OEM I spent a lot of time debating this or a ClubSport S wheel (the Alcantara would match my seats). But I knew the thin-ness would bother me every day. This wheel is cheaper, thick 🤣, and heated.

You can get an MK8 heated wheel with traditional buttons but what's the fun in that? All in or not in.

@Jeffapotamus The buttons are in the same place as the non-touch. I never have to look at those and expect this will be the same within two to three weeks of driving. I don't like small low quality touch screens in cars or bad layouts. But a responsive screen with a good layout is great. Our Tesla before the Christmas update was great. The update did a couple things better while taking several steps back. Of course now they're allowing you to get some of the old functionality back, things like window defrost always on the screen and not behind three taps.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@Acadia18 My car, an S, doesn't have Climatronic. I know there are the partial retrofit kits with a couple sensors but I can't bring myself to install something I know will always have errors.

Obviously the answer is to rip apart your dash and retrofit the full climatronic system 🤣

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Obviously the answer is to rip apart your dash and retrofit the full climatronic system 🤣
How dare you, 😂. I certainly won't act like the thought hasn't crossed my mind. But I don't think it's going to happen. As silly of this sounds coming from me, the return on investment just isn't there. If my wife wants to be warmer than me she turns the heated seats on. She does that even in her car which does have dual zone climate control, that we never use.

I wish there was an actual half climatronic system that had temperature regulation but only one zone. That I'm interested in.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How dare you, 😂. I certainly won't act like the thought hasn't crossed my mind. But I don't think it's going to happen. As silly of this sounds coming from me, the return on investment just isn't there. If my wife wants to be warmer than me she turns the heated seats on. She does that even in her car which does have dual zone climate control, that we never use.

I wish there was an actual half climatronic system that had temperature regulation but only one zone. That I'm interested in.

Overall, I agree. In a car, since it's such a small space, I don't really find "dual zone" useful. Same situation, wife's car has it, never used it. Now the R has it, and it stays on 'Sync' 24/7.

And the payoff is to get rid of the last physical knobs and buttons in you car 😂

Albee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Haha!

I was happy to find my reflex silver car 80 miles away when I saw this at a nearby dealer...

I had the opposite experience, my dealer found a white SE manual in Minnesota and dealer traded for it. It was only black and silver when I was looking.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I had the opposite experience, my dealer found a white SE manual in Minnesota and dealer traded for it. It was only black and silver when I was looking.
Man, I had a >700mi round trip to get my '91 WSM S, no regrets though. Dealer was super easy to work with, didn't play any games with me when I got there (I would've been irate had that been the case, but was prepared to walk away). A handful of tunnels along the way in my wife's surprisingly comfortable Mazda3 were fun, and we had a nice lunch on the way back. Bribed her with starbucks at 4AM to get her to come along 😛 #MarriageGoals

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I still have my stock IC in the front closet, nowhere else to put it lol.