GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPC Performance Housing Turbo Thread (Not the IS38 Ball Bearing thread....)

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Here is the vdyno, always done on same road, main difference between the two graphs are the cam timing changes made and boost curve

Attachments

• 20220425_115343.jpg
    20220425_115343.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 107

railroader

Autocross Newbie

SaiiBoost

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S
Question for the EQT protuned guys: How long does it take EQT to send a base map after the tune is purchased? Going to get this thing installed as soon as I recover some $$$ lol.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Question for the EQT protuned guys: How long does it take EQT to send a base map after the tune is purchased? Going to get this thing installed as soon as I recover some $$$ lol.
If you have the option, request Matt F./Hoon be your tuner. He is an OG from the forum.

He is just a bit more responsive than Nick....and by a bit, I mean he won't consistently try and tell you you have a boost leak so he doesn't have to send you a revision that week.

SaiiBoost

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S
I got mine in 8 days.

That's not too bad. I just delayed myself slightly again with a crypto purchase........ 😭😅

If you have the option, request Matt F./Hoon be your tuner. He is an OG from the forum.

He is just a bit more responsive than Nick....and by a bit, I mean he won't consistently try and tell you you have a boost leak so he doesn't have to send you a revision that week.

Ah, can I do that in the notes portion of the order?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's not too bad. I just delayed myself slightly again with a crypto purchase........ 😭😅

Don't see why not.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition

I've worked with EQT for a few years now and been through tunes on the stock IS38 on my R, Vortex Std tunes when I was on stock DI, and most recently 3 tunes once I upgraded to MPI. My original tunes on the IS38 were when Ed did all the tunes (mid 2019) and turnaround was quick. Next time around (aprox a year later) on the Vortex Std on stock DI I did 3 tunes...all with Nick. At first the revisions would come back quickly but as we got into the 2nd and 3rd tunes it was the week+-10 day turnaround for each revision. This last time around with the upgrade to MPI I knew I didnt want to wait to do 3 tunes with Nick. It would have taken forever. I did 91 pump with Nick but I paid the extra for the remote live tune sessions with Ed for E40 and E85. Definitely $ well spent for me. If you are only doing 1 tune I guess not a big deal to do the std revision process but if you do multiple tunes I think its worth it to pay the extra $ for the live tunes with Ed

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

Matt is incredible, absolutely incredible.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

Yes you can, whether you get him or not... who knows. I was lucky enough to have gotten him.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Wait... Hoon is working for EQT as a tuner??? I'm going have to give Matt a call now.