GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Hi, I have a question
The car on the dyno showed 530nm. And in the logs it shows a max of 450nm. Is there any limiter or there are different values in the logs than on the dyno
https://datazap.me/u/adekl95/log-1646322696?log=0&data=7-11-13

I don't understand the values in your log. The logged torque value is not meant to match a dyno value. Maybe think if the torque value in the log as the car's heart rate. The tune tells the car it needs to reach a certain beats per minute and the car tries to reach that to get the desired performance.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I don't understand the values in your log. The logged torque value is not meant to match a dyno value. Maybe think if the torque value in the log as the car's heart rate. The tune tells the car it needs to reach a certain beats per minute and the car tries to reach that to get the desired performance.
That's literally the worst analogy I've ever heard.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
That's literally the worst analogy I've ever heard.

Not really. Cuz heart rate is a number which can result in physical output in varying degrees among different people in different situations. The torque number can mean different things to different cars on different tunes, and doesn't necessarily translate to more dyno HP or torque. That was the best I could come up with to illustrate that disconnect. I know you want to actually explain it all in terms of how the ECU actually works, so I leave it to you. :p

Solidautobahn

Car(s)
2017 gti autobahn
Thought I would report in on this thread first.

I switched to the 7200RPM rev limit Stage 3 DSG tune a couple of weeks back. I have been decently pleased with the Stage 3 TCU tune compared to the Stage 1 & 2 tunes. Minor gripes were slightly too high of clamping/line pressures under part throttle and no throttle/decel upshifts (mainly in manual mode), basically unusable sport mode. Interestingly, the drive mode was pretty solid. While I have enjoyed being able to upgrade my DSG tune over the past 2 years, I wanted a bit more.

I found a used AP with DSG unlocked for a killer deal. Purchased the EQT Stage 3/Vortex DSG tune (which was on sale for Boost Weather!). I am happy to report that the install went super smooth. Returned to stock via Eurodyne, then flashed the EQT tune. First test drive went super smooth. DSG shiftpoints in D are conservative, but has much better pedal mapping/response to pedal changes. Sport mode really carries some RPM (almost more than I would want at part throttle, but won't use that often). Did a couple of test pulls and saw peak clutch pressure observed was 16.2Bar. This tune is serious but so much smoother in comparison to the ED Stage 3.

The big question on the table was if the ED Maestro ECU based LC would function appropriately. I am happy to report that it does 100%. Cobb's LC function is built into the ECU programming similarly to ED, but I had concerns that the stock VW LC would be re-enabled. I initially could not get the LC RPM set appropriately, but it was because I was in Neutral, and not Park. Once I put it in Park with the handbrake on, I was able to set the RPM limit and the CEL flashed twice to confirm.

This is the best of both worlds for me right now. The EQT DSG tune is absolutely lightyears ahead of the ED tune. More than likely most already knew that, but just wanted to reiterate that at the outset, things are looking fantastic.

Will report back with any issues.
Wait so are you saying that you were able to switch to eqt tcu tune but because you are using a maestro ecu tune with the launch control and rev limits adjusted appropriately, that you basically get to use Ed’s software with the maestro launch control on eqts more refined dsg tune???

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Wait so are you saying that you were able to switch to eqt tcu tune but because you are using a maestro ecu tune with the launch control and rev limits adjusted appropriately, that you basically get to use Ed’s software with the maestro launch control on eqts more refined dsg tune???
Yeap. Works fine.

Not that I use launch control. FWD life.

Last edited:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Okay, question for the more knowledgeable here.

I have a tune from Railroader (GLSPerformance - strongly recommend him), and the car runs great (15-A3 MPI/brushless/TPC20v1). The only real problem I'm having is Launch Control. If I hold the LC for more than 4-5 seconds, I immediately throw a CEL and it shows random multiple misfires. I do semi-regularly track my car (dragstrip), and having a run die before i can even take off is a hell of a mood killer. Curious what peoples thoughts on this might be.

Still checking in periodically hoping Chris will bless us with FlexFuel options one day.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Figured I'd ask here.
Trying to learn and figure out the cam timing tables. Any benefit from playing around with these on stock turbo?

I understand that typically the goal is to help spool bigger turbos...