JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I don't have ig either but I guess it allowed me to?

2016 Golf R

Whwn I asked about the build:

Pretty good, should be finished the first stage this week, that is upgraded clutches, limited slip differential, pistons connecting rods valves and ported head with 1 mm oversized exhaust valves Then it goes to GT Customs for the Garrett g30-900, oil cooler, front mount intercooler, nitrous and Syvecs. Should be done in just over a month which is right on schedule.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I don't have ig either but I guess it allowed me to?

2016 Golf R

Whwn I asked about the build:

Pretty good, should be finished the first stage this week, that is upgraded clutches, limited slip differential, pistons connecting rods valves and ported head with 1 mm oversized exhaust valves Then it goes to GT Customs for the Garrett g30-900, oil cooler, front mount intercooler, nitrous and Syvecs. Should be done in just over a month which is right on schedule.
Curious about why he went with the 1mm oversized exhaust valves and which fmic did he get? Because I'm looking for a fmic that can handle the power.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
bef07b493caf0997c9fcf3ab08187878.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Good find with A2B.

Jake, as in GTI Jake? If so, I've been talking to him and he hasn't gotten a chance to work on developing a big boy IC because he still needs a loaner car for development.

Same with the FMIC & 4” downpipe, I’m not going to spend any time on it unless someone’s buying one (thee one used for development).

Of all the Mk7s out there maybe 10% are modded & of those maybe 1% are buying American made parts (cost a lot more than Chinese made). Of those 1% there’s very few looking to make more than the 550whp rated V2 I offer already, so I can’t just spend thousands hoping that maybe someday someone will buy it.

I came here hoping to see dyno numbers, but I totally get that projects get delayed.

The Skyline in my shop now is planned to be a one month zero to hero project. GTX3076R, Billet intake, FMIC, TBE, stand-alone ecu, full fuel system, timing/WP, clutch, the list goes on and on. Just the logistics of getting 10k worth of parts & materials sourced is a several hour a day job for that entire month let alone the actual labor itself (which I’m not doing all of, most of it the owner & our friends are doing since we’re all mechanics).

Moral of the story is nobody’s waiting on Jake from State Farm, I’m waiting on everyone else (Golf R owners I’m looking at you lol). We first spoke about the R33 project January 17th and it’s already a quarter of the way done.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Same with the FMIC & 4” downpipe, I’m not going to spend any time on it unless someone’s buying one (thee one used for development).

Of all the Mk7s out there maybe 10% are modded & of those maybe 1% are buying American made parts (cost a lot more than Chinese made). Of those 1% there’s very few looking to make more than the 550whp rated V2 I offer already, so I can’t just spend thousands hoping that maybe someday someone will buy it.

I came here hoping to see dyno numbers, but I totally get that projects get delayed.

The Skyline in my shop now is planned to be a one month zero to hero project. GTX3076R, Billet intake, FMIC, TBE, stand-alone ecu, full fuel system, timing/WP, clutch, the list goes on and on. Just the logistics of getting 10k worth of parts & materials sourced is a several hour a day job for that entire month let alone the actual labor itself (which I’m not doing all of, most of it the owner & our friends are doing since we’re all mechanics).

Moral of the story is nobody’s waiting on Jake from State Farm, I’m waiting on everyone else (Golf R owners I’m looking at you lol). We first spoke about the R33 project January 17th and it’s already a quarter of the way done.
I guess I fall into that 1% of the 1%? You know if I could lend you my car, I would but until I get a second car for daily driving, I have to DD mine.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I guess I fall into that 1% of the 1%? You know if I could lend you my car, I would but until I get a second car for daily driving, I have to DD mine.

Yes you’re a .001%er haha. Very rare to find someone with both the budget & time to do things correctly.

I’m in the same boat, can’t have my daily torn down to mock up intercoolers for someone else. The golden ticket is someone local who wants the BIG FMIC so it’s built on their car to remain on said car.

I mean, I did that on the GTI & GLI for science but can’t justify a 1000hp core on is38 or stock cars.