Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Reactions: WAP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Also, you can't discount the mental/emotional burden of debt. Even though it might be "good debt", in that it's a low interest rate, some people just feel better knowing it's not there. I am in that camp and refuse to carry debt on anything except my mortgage because I know how much it bothers me.

Breh. This is ‘merica. Crippling debt is par for the course. Check out my rims, they 32’s!

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'm not a Honda guy, but today's Blipshift gear pushes all the right 80's nostalgia buttons:
Screenshot_20220121-124552.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
And if you pay them off during the grace period you don’t accrue any interest. So while it’s not required, it’s financially advantageous to use this time to “save” money.

But I’m not a financial planner, just some asshole on the internet.
of course.

If you've got other debts (or debts with a higher interest rate) this is a great opportunity to not have to adjust your own monthly spend and take the opportunity to pay off higher interest debt. Or if you're inclined to throw that excess cash into the market and try to make money off it while the money is "free"

If you get a 6% return and the interest rate is 3% on the loan, you're in a better place.

edit: to be fair I'm also just some asshole on the internet. Take what I say with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Status
Not open for further replies.