GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I hit 47K recently. Really racking up them miles compared to the PO 😂
LOL! I bought mine new in 2010 and just hit 47K. I primarily work from home, so no commute for me. :cool:

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Probably not actually in stock

torga

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
can't speak to this one but the sitffening i noticed after installing my unibrace made for funner driving.
Well it's been ordered, if nothing else it'll convince my friends it's actually a race car

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!

I went ahead and ordered it also, along with their GLI brake upgrade that was also 50% off. Can't beat 50% off for my daily driver budget 2.5 build! I'll be doing coilovers this summer and I've already got the brake booster bracket, Nuespeed SS and heavy shift knob waiting to go in. I'll be busy once I'm moved out of my apartment next month.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I went ahead and ordered it also, along with their GLI brake upgrade that was also 50% off. Can't beat 50% off for my daily driver budget 2.5 build! I'll be doing coilovers this summer and I've already got the brake booster bracket, Nuespeed SS and heavy shift knob waiting to go in. I'll be busy once I'm moved out of my apartment next month.
Spoiler alert, uglybastard was right and it isn't shipping immediately because of "global supply chain shortages"

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Worked on getting the crank and balance shafts out. Got the two end main caps out, but couldn't get the middle ones out. Turns out I missed some bolts on the side of the block that hold them in. Might go back out right now and try and get those out. I did get the Block off the stand though and the rms off so once the mains come off, the crank will be out. Here are half the bearings from 1 and 5:

And here's the corresponding surfaces on the crank:

Last part will be the balance shafts. The bolts are out, but they don't want to come out easy. I may try and find a way to get them out without the tool. If that doesn't work i'll just end up buying the tool. Next task is gonna be getting rid of the OEM calipers on the rear since I don't use them for the parking brake. Will save some weight, look better, and get me some money back which is nice

Edit: Went out and just pulled the bolts out of the side and the main caps came right out. Last piece now is the balance shafts. The tool is cheaper than I thought so I may just buy it and do it the right way. Not looking forwards to having to replace them though, $500 glorified paper weights.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Spoiler alert, uglybastard was right and it isn't shipping immediately because of "global supply chain shortages"
ECS is gonna ECS.

they're bankrolling the lot they ordered so when you do get it you can leave reviews about the good value you get for the price before they jack it up again.

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Not surprising but I'm not worried about it. The same thing happened to the shifter parts I ordered but they still came in pretty quick. Besides I won't be installing the brakes until I get the coilovers in hand so it all goes in at once. I'm basically stock piling parts for the VW while I work some maintenance items on my trail rig(camping season isn't that far away).