GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Preventative Maintenance Injector Replacement

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Thoughts?

Going Hybrid in the spring time and want to get everything buttoned down before I do. I'll be doing a carbon cleaning over the next month - I know they're not cheap, but are they worth it to replace as a preventative maintenance item?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I went ahead said wtf not and did mine since I just upgraded to MPI. 41k miles on my ‘16 R. $400 from FCP euro for the set.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I went ahead said wtf not and did mine since I just upgraded to MPI. 41k miles on my ‘16 R. $400 from FCP euro for the set.
The GTI injectors are much more expensive. $189 each on FCP.

Reactions: MSH

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've been contemplating the same thing. I'll do it at the same time I do a carbon cleaning which hopefully I have a while on (currently at 64k miles). When that time comes, I think I can justify buying new injectors and have the old ones cleaned and then I'll sell them off to recoup some funds.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
My buddy had his done at 90k along with a carbon cleaning. They weren’t terrible. I can’t find the report for when mine were done.
381C0542-EE8F-432F-9FC4-3AFAC8AC84D6.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Called the place where I'm going to get the carbon cleaning done - they don't clean injectors nor ship them out; I don't want to be without a car for a week....

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Called the place where I'm going to get the carbon cleaning done - they don't clean injectors nor ship them out; I don't want to be without a car for a week....
Sounds rough to be a car guy in Canada, every post you make sounds like a hardship. Mine were cleaned locally and back the same day.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Man...thats a huge difference. Wonder why such a large of a gap $ wise between the R and GTI's?
No idea, and that’s the price for the OEM part. The OE part they have listed is different part number and is OOS but is still $179.

The injector has been revised a few times… I’d want to make sure whatever it is before it was stamped with an expensive VW logo is the Bosch part. Evidently the Continental injectors found in many of the 7.5 models are dogshit.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Are the R injectors massively bigger than the GTIs? Couldn't you just run the R injectors? I know you would have to tune for them more than likely and I don't think flow rates are out there of the stock injectors are there?