GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No throttle in first gear

PyroSan

Hi everyone,

I bought a MK6 GTi around 2 month ago and as expected I’ve only got problems. I’ve got the timing chain changed and the valve for the turbo along with a couple more things. Since that day when the car is standing still and in first gear and I try to accelerate it won’t take any power for about half a second and then start moving. Does anyone know what the problem could be? My appointment at my mechanic is in a week I thought I get some information before

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Could be an issue with your throttle body or throttle sensor, but no way to know without scanning it. Do you have access to VCDS? You can just go to an auto parts store to borrow a scan tool. Hopefully it has some codes stored that should help you track down the issue.

PyroSan

Could be an issue with your throttle body or throttle sensor, but no way to know without scanning it. Do you have access to VCDS? You can just go to an auto parts store to borrow a scan tool. Hopefully it has some codes stored that should help you track down the issue.
Hey mate thanks for the response.The car is at the mechanic I let you know once we find out what it was. The engine light was for the timing chain sensor. He also said that my turbo is really weak. When I drove it to the mechanic I felt like it’s the transmission since it started making noises sometimes when I put it into reverse .

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Hey mate thanks for the response.The car is at the mechanic I let you know once we find out what it was. The engine light was for the timing chain sensor. He also said that my turbo is really weak. When I drove it to the mechanic I felt like it’s the transmission since it started making noises sometimes when I put it into reverse .
Good luck! I hope it’s nothing too serious. I’m assuming you have DSG that possibly needs its scheduled service.

PyroSan

So came out that the engine belt was gone after he fixed it the problem stopped for whatever reason. I don’t think the belt has anything to do with the problem I had but it’s gone

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
So came out that the engine belt was gone after he fixed it the problem stopped for whatever reason. I don’t think the belt has anything to do with the problem I had but it’s gone
Glad you got it sorted.