GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't Change Songs

cherrym6pr

I have a GTI 2010 which only came in the base model. When I first connected my phone I just pressed the button close to the sunroof knob and my phones asked me for a pin I entered 0000 and there it connected. However, everytime I get in the car I hace to manually select bluetooth so that my music starts playing through the speakers. I also can't change the song through steering wheel control. But I know the work since I can control volume and everytime I try to change songs on the steering wheel the screen goes from displaying the time to displaying the qord bluetooth. I have tried this with Spotify, Youtube, Apple Music and many other but still no luck. I have an iPhone 11 and my radio unit is the touch screen one.

P.S When I connect my phone it does not display the signal or battery of the phone.

Am I maybe pairing it the wrong way? Or is it normal?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I believe you may need the updated VW 97W Bluetooth module.

7P6-035-730-C​

My Autobahn came with the RNS 510, but Bluetooth stuff with my phone was sketchy. I found someone that had a used 97W module and I swapped it out. It’s under the passenger seat. After that, I had full functionality Bluetooth wise.

I did this over 10 years ago, so I can’t remember exactly what wasn’t working prior to upgrading the module, but you may want to look that part number I listed up.