GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So what I'm reading from all this then, is it's going to happen again unless something is fixed. Even the partial logs pulled after the issue are starting to show an overboost condition, without popping a code. Mk7Matt is correct that I was still on the Sneeky\default Cobb logging parameters, since I hadn't changed back to the EQT ones. By default, EQT doesn't have the PUT parameters shown, so hard to gauge against the previous ones. But looking at the Sneeky logs from last night, boost is in line with where it should be.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That % is after a correction. Unsure what it corrects for or what it is looking at to perform the correction.

Regardless though, it's still showing something isn't correct and there is an issue, right?

God damn it, I need to know if I should be panicking and ripping parts off the car or not!!!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Could it be that because it's so cold there now the wastegate is having a hard time keeping up? I feel like my car has the opposite problem.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Could it be that because it's so cold there now the wastegate is having a hard time keeping up? I feel like my car has the opposite problem.

I could possibly see that if it's the moment you turn on the car, but the second exhaust gases start flowing through the turbo, that whole assembly is going to be hundreds of degrees.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
many tuners will just max out/really jack up the values in the overboost table, so even if it is overboosting really bad, a DTC will never set. Good thing that one maintains some useful functionality

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I find it interesting that sneeky doesn't have you log the intake and exhaust flow factors. I wonder why the boost control isn't great 🤔

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
aren't the last 2 pages of log snippets from diggs and mattmk7 on the eqt tune?

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/acadias-2016-gti-se-build-thread.383451/post-7753381
Yes they are. His wastegate duty cycles have always been low once he gets into boost. I always thought that was a good thing as it meant the turbo had more to give boost wise. But in this case it can’t open enough to make the boost hit target. As I’m not familiar with wastegate tables I’m not sure how much tuning plays a factor in this.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yes they are, but I wasn't referring to those lol. That is a mechanical issue, made all the worse by wheelspin. Nothing a tune can do to fix the issue when the wastegate is completely open and it's still overboosting. I was referring to the normal/good logs.

The flow factors are the 2 axis values on the feedforward wastegate position tables

Also FYI for cobb log viewing, "Boost" is PUT with atmospheric pressure subtracted out. "target boost" is PUT setpoint with atm pressure subtracted.