GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse rake

slow12s

Ready to race!
Nope, you're good man. I only had it for about 2 weeks. Just hit 500 miles lol i just have a res delete, drop in k&n, removed snow blockers, tint, plus lamin-x when the weather breaks. I just ordered a flush kit, turbo muffler delete, boomba racing shift adapter, turbo inlet pipe, and the jb4.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

How are you liking these? Now that they've had some time to settle, do you feel like you need the reverse rake kit? Thanks.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Eibach is notorious for reverse rake. Never heard of an issue with EMD.

Eibach produce a manual and DSG version of the front springs due to difference in weight, AFAIK if you put the DSG version on a manual car you will get reverse rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
How are you liking these? Now that they've had some time to settle, do you feel like you need the reverse rake kit? Thanks.
Nope, sits perfectly. I feel like it does anyway. Im very happy with it and for springs, the ride isnt that bad either.

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
Eibach produce a manual and DSG version of the front springs due to difference in weight, AFAIK if you put the DSG version on a manual car you will get reverse rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could be something to this. i've had eibach pro-kit springs on 3 different Golfs/GTIs (2 manuals and 1 DSG) and NONE of them had reverse rake...

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
could be something to this. i've had eibach pro-kit springs on 3 different Golfs/GTIs (2 manuals and 1 DSG) and NONE of them had reverse rake...

I remember one of the more lengthy springs threads a while ago talking about how since the DSG is heavier, it would look more level, but people with 6MT were getting a bit of reverse rake because of the lighter transmission not weighing down the front of the car as much.

I don't know the weight difference between the transmissions, but seems plausible to me.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Guys my mechanic installed my reverse rake pads can I remove these simply by jacking up the car?
No the springs are under load. Gonna have to take out the springs since they sit on the top. It's like 3 bolts (on each side). If I remember correctly one of the bolts is connected to the rear sway bar; gonna have to take out bolts on each side to get them out.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
No the springs are under load. Gonna have to take out the springs since they sit on the top. It's like 3 bolts (on each side). If I remember correctly one of the bolts is connected to the rear sway bar; gonna have to take out bolts on each side to get them out.
Yup, 13 mm nut n bolt for sway bar, 18mm nut n bolt for bottom shock mount and 18mm nut n bolt for lca to rear knuckle. It’s easy though…

Just make sure you support the rear arm with jack (obviously body needs to be a Jack stands) Or when the spring pops free and you knuckle lifts up it’s a little startling.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Nope, sits perfectly. I feel like it does anyway. Im very happy with it and for springs, the ride isnt that bad either.

If you're still on stock Sachs non DCC shocks, the ride and handling will degrade quickly.

Start saving for some decent shocks.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
If you're still on stock Sachs non DCC shocks, the ride and handling will degrade quickly.

Start saving for some decent shocks.
Mine made it about 40k and is starting to get annoying. I'm going back to stock springs and Koni Special Active dampers in the next couple of weeks.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mine made it about 40k and is starting to get annoying. I'm going back to stock springs and Koni Special Active dampers in the next couple of weeks.

I was autocrossing and tracking on mine, they died a very quick and painful death. Luckily I didn't. Lol.

They would just crash into the bumpstops and you'd get terminal, severe understeer. It was ugly.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I was autocrossing and tracking on mine, they died a very quick and painful death. Luckily I didn't. Lol.

They would just crash into the bumpstops and you'd get terminal, severe understeer. It was ugly.
Yeah, similar experience here, but on bridge/overpass transitions. Hard and very audible crash into the bump stops.