GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mods you're wasting money on...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just got a pair of cloth ones listed on eBay for a 2006-2009 Volkswagen GTI for $75 with shipping. Fit great and match the center headrest.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334173358084

(Unfortunately, I previously bought a set of the wrong Audi headrests that I’m trying to re-sell but will likely end up eating the cost of.)
Mine are Audi ones.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
FWIW, I ordered a set of the Euro rear headrests from these guys and it's a nice improvement. Better visibility and the color match is factory perfect. They shipped fast/free and with the 10% discount the price wasn't too bad. For something that you'll appreciate every time you use your rear view mirror, it is well worth the cost.
It's cheaper and even higher visibility to remove them altogether and just get the cjm plugs. :D

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That are these problems with the rear headrests that you talk about???:unsure:

I see no problems (from the factory)???............... ;) :ROFLMAO:
PA302056-reduced.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Can you post a pic of your front seats?

Factory 2015yr (built late 2014) MK7 Golf GT (Highline) spec, sports (comfort) seats in Titan Black (cloth/alcantara)..Pictures taken 6 days ago after I carried out a detail...

PA302058-reduced.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Someone on Facebook is claiming the new EQT Coil Grounding Kit gave them a "noticeable change in idle smoothness, a tad better throttle response, and slight reduction to the average knock I would see at boost tip in and rpm over 6k". Very suspicious, and attribute most of that to placebos and butt dynos. The only actual benefit I see from the kit is removing the need for a thin 10mm wrench to hold the stud, and removing the potential to strip things while tightening the nut if not careful.

Thoughts?

(I don't know how to share posts, but here's a picture of it.)

1636134420060.png

tigeo

Autocross Champion

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Maybe he will gets the next sponsorship.........super smooth.......

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Someone on Facebook is claiming the new EQT Coil Grounding Kit gave them a "noticeable change in idle smoothness, a tad better throttle response, and slight reduction to the average knock I would see at boost tip in and rpm over 6k". Very suspicious, and attribute most of that to placebos and butt dynos. The only actual benefit I see from the kit is removing the need for a thin 10mm wrench to hold the stud, and removing the potential to strip things while tightening the nut if not careful.

Thoughts?

(I don't know how to share posts, but here's a picture of it.)

View attachment 229800
I don't buy it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
$125 buys a lot of slim 10mm wrenches.

I wasn't even going to bring up that it's nothing but a bunch of wire, sleeving, and heatshrink for $125...

Don't get me wrong. I love EQT (as evident by my car) and definitely think they're the best tuner currently for this platform. But there are some people so drunk on the EQT koolaid they'll buy anything with their name on it, and claim it works miracles.