GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

strut tower cutting tool brand new release for nov 2021

Ready to race!
hey guys i just found out vorshlag made the tool for us to cut our strut towers.

they finally created the tool at vorshlag.
they didn't want to over charge us so that we all can get it. i am not being supported by them but i believe in innovation.
so lets support them by purchasing it if we need this tool. its only 70 bucks.

https://vorshlag-store.com/collecti...s-rs-3rd-gen-strut-tower-cutting-fixture-tool

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
That's not awful. Good on them for coming up with something to fill a need.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Good for them, though I'm determined to not cut to keep my car STH eligible. Wish they would come up with a plate that has a bigger range and let us wrestle with the workarounds to realize it.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Good for them, though I'm determined to not cut to keep my car STH eligible. Wish they would come up with a plate that has a bigger range and let us wrestle with the workarounds to realize it.
Tiny access hole next to the original opening, works like a charm

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Some people have really hacked up towers - with a Dremel or saws-all - or made some hole saw drilling fixture out of a block of wood, which is easy to get started wrong and end up with a hole that is off-center.

I am offended lol.

The raised centering bushing lines up the cut so it is never off-axis. You should be able to use this tool dozens of times, on both sides of the chassis.

Just how many strut towers are you cutting lol, I made a free 3D printed template here lol:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4546452

Not only that, you can use the jig if you forgot to enlarge the towers before putting your strut. Oh well.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

Ready to race!
i saw that 3D print template as well but isn't that set to a specific hole size?
i personally needed something more robust but also something i can use my own size if i wanted.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
i saw that 3D print template as well but isn't that set to a specific hole size?
i personally needed something more robust but also something i can use my own size if i wanted.
Link has files for the 2” and the 2.5”.

But I still prefer the manual conduit knockout punch method… I used a 2 3/8s” units that I got used from eBay for like 45 bucks and it only takes a few min and a beaker bar to get a clean perfect circle, that gained all the access to my camber plates hardware.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383427283990?hash=item59460c0c16:g:pzcAAOSwKS9eTCgt

Last edited:

Ready to race!
even if i had a 3D printer, my sizing is going to be different from those.

and i did see someone else use a smaller similar tool that your showing as well. it looks pretty cool.

besides, i already ordered mine.
i tend to believe in paying for good quality tools. i don't mind spending this amount on something i feel will help me do a great job on a project. plus it encourages others to want to inovate.

Last edited:

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
even if i had a 3D printer, my sizing is going to be different from those.

and i did see someone else use a smaller similar tool that your showing as well. it looks pretty cool.

besides, i already ordered mine.
i tend to believe in paying for good quality tools. i don't mind spending this amount on something i feel will help me do a great job on a project. plus it encourages others to want to inovate.

Your money etc etc, but I lol at the 'innovation' and 'something i feel will help me do a great job on a project'. Just because you're incapable of using other tools does not mean the other tools don't work - this is purely a you issue. Whether it be a conduit punch, a 3D printed jig, blocks of wood, whatever that gets the job done with a clean hole, it's nothing ground breaking.

Not only that, how much 'innovation' do you think there could possibly be in a cutting jig? 🥴

Ready to race!
Your money etc etc, but I lol at the 'innovation' and 'something i feel will help me do a great job on a project'. Just because you're incapable of using other tools does not mean the other tools don't work - this is purely a you issue. Whether it be a conduit punch, a 3D printed jig, blocks of wood, whatever that gets the job done with a clean hole, it's nothing ground breaking.

Not only that, how much 'innovation' do you think there could possibly be in a cutting jig? 🥴

just because i don't want to use methods you use doesn't make me incapable of using other tools. not everyone needs to do what you do.

you want to laugh about innovation and are incapable of seeing one then lets ask some questions.
are you that great at innovating? are you innovating all the time and are able to offer your innovations? are others buying your innovative tools or services? are you improving other people's lives with your innovations? what market product do you offer?

or do you just go online and like to try to make fun of other people and offer nothing back of positivity for the community?
maybe someone else who has time can look up his posts to see how much innovation or help he has given this particular community?
-make sure you make tools and don't be one. :cool:

for everyone else this is the last reply to burgerking and getting back on topic.
if anyone else buys the tool. please post it here on how it turned out on using it. i would be interested in knowing and if you have anything to report about the tool and any negative or positive about it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
you want to laugh about innovation and are incapable of seeing one then lets ask some questions.
are you that great at innovating? are you innovating all the time and are able to offer your innovations? are others buying your innovative tools or services? are you improving other people's lives with your innovations? what market product do you offer?

or do you just go online and like to try to make fun of other people and offer nothing back of positivity for the community?
maybe someone else who has time can look up his posts to see how much innovation or help he has given this particular community?
-make sure you make tools and don't be one. :cool:

While his delivery of the last message was send as a sharp bladed knife, and I get your offense to it….

Did you click the link for the FREE 3D print files? 😂

ABAFF180-2784-4556-92E8-30422B3B8287.jpeg

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
While his delivery of the last message was send as a sharp bladed knife, and I get your offense to it….

Did you click the link for the FREE 3D print files? 😂

Add in the JB4 AFR harness and the cheaper version of the pedal spacer and maybe other things I'm missing. Burgerkong has contributed quite a bit to this community.