GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What do you fill it with? 🙃

Click here to learn about the technology the government doesn't want you to know about. Run your car on recycled beer.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Haven’t driven it since it 8/19. Underwent back surgery this morning. It will be at least another month before I do get behind the wheel again.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Haven’t driven it since it 8/19. Underwent back surgery this morning. It will be at least another month before I do get behind the wheel again.
What did you have done?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
What did you have done?
Slipped L5/S1 and pinched nerve leaving my right leg numb. The past 1.5mths have been absolute hell.
Lumbar laminectomy/Microdiscectomy to cut away the bulge and decompress the nerve.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Slipped L5/S1 and pinched nerve leaving my right leg numb. The past 1.5mths have been absolute hell.
Lumbar laminectomy/Microdiscectomy to cut away the bulge and decompress the nerve.
That was my blowout as well. Surgery was a life saver...good luck on the recovery!

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Good luck with the recovery - remember: core strength, core strength, core strength and you'll be A-ok

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Good luck with the recovery - remember: core strength, core strength, core strength and you'll be A-ok
Yep! I was in great shape when it happened, swimming 4x a week and core training on the off days. Hiking an average of 80mi/mth. The “X”-treme lifestyle I had up until my 30s was very abusive and has left me with degenerated discs all through the lumbar.
I stood up from the breakfast table that morning and it just went. Nerve pain is no joke.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Yea leaning over these bays suck. Even plug changes are a bitch on the back.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've got 3 herniated discs, and mild occasional sciatica, but I'm doing what I can to stabilize and avoid surgery. Sounds funny, but my wife got me into yoga, and it's been one of the biggest helps, even over steroid injections.

Last edited: