GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I feel the difference!

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Citation needed.
For not getting APR: I'm not in college anymore so word of mouth is fine for now. But I totally understand that they have a larger sample size; therefore, there would be more problems.

As far as blowing stuff up: 30 psi: 3 other tuners steered my decision as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
I was starting to think on the same line as far as the DPs. I like UNI stuff but them and AWE seem to be a little more Pricy. I may look into some other tunes but when something goes wrong with the car I would not know who cause the problem. I don't know, just my thinking. Everyone I talk to and things I've seen UNI products all fit to like a glove.

Thanks for the kind words. We're glad our product fitment and performance is well received. When considering a downpipe upgrade, it's important to compare several factors alongside the price to ensure you're making an accurate assessment and ultimately choosing what is best for you. Factors such as, but not limited to; research and development practices, design aspects, performance, sound, component quality, included features, fitment, and warranty, to name a few.

All of our Performance Hardware products are designed using our in-house 3D scanner and modeling software. We analyze these 3D renderings to observe chassis constraints and OE components to ensure our upgraded performance products fit perfectly, while combining technical aspects and engineering principles to ensure the final product is going to perform to the maximum and fit perfectly.

Our 3" Downpipe features such as a flow-matched turbine discharge transition of 80mm smoothly tapering to 76.2mm ensures exhaust gasses exit the turbocharger and smoothly flow through the exhaust system to achieve maximum performance. We utilize a 200-cell metallix matrix high-flow catalyst, which is located in the factory position for maximum efficiency. Affixed to the catalyst is an OEM-inspired heat shield to reduce the radiant heat dissipating into the engine bay.

As with all of our exhaust systems, we utilize a unique v-band fastening which features grooved v-band flanges and associated locking rings to ensure a centric alignment of the v-band assembly for a leak proof connection, every time. We've enlisted Clampco®, a world renowned v-band clamp supplier, to provide us with V-band clamps we designed specifically for our exhaust systems.

Our MK7 GTI Downpipe is designed to utilize the OEM mounting locations to ensure Clients can benefit from a seemless direct bolt-on installation. Through this strategy, we're able to mitigate any potential rotation of the v-band flange between the turbocharger discharge and downpipe, especially under hard acceleration and engine movement. It's also important to note that we use a 8" corrugated stainless steel flex section/bellow to ensure proper stress dissipation under acceleration/engine movement to ensure long-term integrity and reliability. Our exhausts are built to last a lifetime, and backed with a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. We utilize .065" walled T304 stainless steel tubing and T316 stainless steel flanges throughout our complete lineup of Performance Exhaust Systems.

Review:

• Direct bolt-on fitment with OEM mounting locations
• 80mm to 76.2mm turbo to downpipe transition
• 3-inch T304 stainless steel tubing
• T316 stainless steel flanges
• 200-cell metallic matrix high-flow catalyst
• Factory catalyst position for maximum efficiency
• OEM-inspired catalytic converter heat shield to reduce radiant heat
• Proper Oxygen sensor placement
• Corrugated stainless steel flex section
• TIG welded construction
• Unique v-band fastening system featuring Clampco® clamps

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Z27

Ready to race!
John, is your catalyst manufactured in house? If not, what brand do you use?

Also, update on the Uniconnect please [emoji16]

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
John, is your catalyst manufactured in house? If not, what brand do you use?

Also, update on the Uniconnect please [emoji16]

Yes, it's our high flow catalyst. PM me on your other question, as I don't want to off-track this subject.

PenIsland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volkswagen GTI 2020
I have a six speed so that may have been the difference. It holds the boost pressure longer as I make the shift. I bought the car 31 Sept 14 and I already put 33,000+ miles on the car so I can really tell there is a difference. I don't know if you had the dv before or after you tune the car. I Very happy with My Unitronic Stage 1+. I'm now looking at some down pipes for Stage 2. I have no idea what GIAC does for the car because I never had driven a car with it.
No clutch slip with the stage 1+?