Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
5if94l.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You know what weird about the forums? The fans for EQT. If I was to call another company Trash that's not so liked in the forums I would never get asked to change the title. It's weird to see all Ed did was respond and everyone automatically is on his side. It's must be nice for a company to have such a loyal fan base but scary for anyone to spend over $1000 and have issues. People seem to be very dismissive about the Money and time spent and wasted and now have to do it over correctly, it's been over 2 months of tuning to not realize I'm being sent the wrong tune? even the Title of my Emails is my Order# followed by current revision. I can understand name confusion but Order number in the title also? Honest mistake? I will fix the title to appease the Fans. My time and money is no big deal, I need be fair to EQT.
Your time and money is a big deal. Nick owes you an apology for being careless in not paying attention to your order number. It does seem like an honest mistake and Ed is offering to make it good. I think the reason EQT has such loyal customers is simply that their tunes are so good.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ed remote dyno tuned mine with the TPC20. I'm currently running an OEM IS38 while my TPC20 gets a BB chra. I asked EQT about an OTS tune for a GTI running an IS38 and they currently only have one in beta testing and didn't need any more testers. So I emailed Sneeky on a Sunday not expecting them to answer for a few days. Sneeky emailed me about an hour after I sent my email and after several back and forth emails, all on Sunday, I had an OTS IS38 tune and am running it now and am satisfied with the tune. Like others have said EQT has got too big to perform like they used to.
The solution is simple: hire more people. But no one likes doing that because that increases expenses.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Your time and money is a big deal. Nick owes you an apology for being careless in not paying attention to your order number. It does seem like an honest mistake and Ed is offering to make it good. I think the reason EQT has such loyal customers is simply that their tunes are so good.
I Can agree. But it seems people are more concerned about EQT rep VS the person who's actually losing $$. Or not money since I'm agreeing to get this corrected so it's just time. For me to say EQT is trash is a true statement based on my situation. months of tuning to get laggy performance and be told it's my hardware. Nick he was adamant it was me and not the tune, so what do people want me to say about the tune. What I got and what I was told holds true to my statement at the time. Now that Ed has clarified doesn't change the tune that I got. Cause it is Trash. We now understand why it's trash, cause I was sent a wrong File and being told I have boost leaks.

Anyway I don't wanna drag this back and forth with the fans any further. And turn this into something else. I'm glad Ed address the issue and hoping we can correct this going forward. And now I guarantee because of this post they will be more vigilant with customer tunes.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The solution is simple: hire more people. But no one likes doing that because that increases expenses.
They do need more help answering emails but it's probably difficult to find a good tuner.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I just made it to "Go Kart Newbie" first off I like to thank GOD. And EQT for providing the content that got me here. And to all the fans your the True Go Kart Newbies!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
You know what weird about the forums? The fans for EQT. If I was to call another company Trash that's not so liked in the forums I would never get asked to change the title. It's weird to see all Ed did was respond and everyone automatically is on his side. It's must be nice for a company to have such a loyal fan base but scary for anyone to spend over $1000 and have issues. People seem to be very dismissive about the Money and time spent and wasted and now have to do it over correctly, it's been over 2 months of tuning to not realize I'm being sent the wrong tune? even the Title of my Emails is my Order# followed by current revision. I can understand name confusion but Order number in the title also? Honest mistake? I will fix the title to appease the Fans. My time and money is no big deal, I need be fair to EQT.

To clarify, you were never sent the wrong file/tune. Nick only got confused about the log analysis due to the name similarity.

In response to the rest, I don’t think there are any sides to take here. You presented an issue that was clearly frustrating. I saw your post, investigated the situation, acknowledged the problem, openly explained the specifics, took responsibility, explained what we’re doing to avoid such issues in the future, and offered a good faith attempt at a resolution with you directly. I don’t think you and I are in any disagreement, so there are no sides to pick. Also, the response you’re seeing from the other members is a direct result of how I’m responding to you and your issue. I’m fairly sure that if any other vendor responded similarly, other members would have the same reaction.

Thanks
— Ed

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’m anything but a eqt fanboy, Hence the reason I run Sneekytuned and always recommend Andrew… but there’s no denying that ED is a class act and a very transparent Vendor… that’s one of the reasons people on the forums love the brand.

As far as “best” as Jim and many other eqt fans that live by absolutes say…I don’t identify with them 😂😂

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I Can agree. But it seems people are more concerned about EQT rep VS the person who's actually losing $$. Or not money since I'm agreeing to get this corrected so it's just time. For me to say EQT is trash is a true statement based on my situation. months of tuning to get laggy performance and be told it's my hardware. Nick he was adamant it was me and not the tune, so what do people want me to say about the tune. What I got and what I was told holds true to my statement at the time. Now that Ed has clarified doesn't change the tune that I got. Cause it is Trash. We now understand why it's trash, cause I was sent a wrong File and being told I have boost leaks.

Anyway I don't wanna drag this back and forth with the fans any further. And turn this into something else. I'm glad Ed address the issue and hoping we can correct this going forward. And now I guarantee because of this post they will be more vigilant with customer tunes.

Sorry but I will have to disagree with one point. You were not sent a trash tune. You are just on a 1st revision, a conservative file which is running mostly as expected for the setup and state of tune. There is nothing bad or wrong with the tune itself… you just haven’t been able to get it completed yet due to the service issue and miscommunication we already discussed.

If you want to call anything “trash,” I suppose you could use that term to describe the level of communication you received from us so far. And I don’t mean to minimize that at all as this is very much unacceptable IMO and it’s being addressed. But FWIW, if you had simply contacted me or any of our support staff directly at any point with your concerns, I’m sure we would have figured everything out at least as quickly.

Threads like this don’t automatically pop up in my inbox until someone makes me aware of them, so a more direct line usually helps. At the end of the day, we all need to do our part to communicate with each other, especially when things are not as expected.

Thanks
— Ed

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I’m anything but a eqt fanboy, Hence the reason I run Sneekytuned and always recommend Andrew… but there’s no denying that ED is a class act and a very transparent Vendor… that’s one of the reasons people on the forums love the brand.

As far as “best” as Jim and many other eqt fans that live by absolutes say…I don’t identify with them 😂😂

I can’t find the half like emoji ;)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I am currently running a Sneeky tune on an IS38 while my TPC20 gets the BB upgrade. The
tune is fine. Had EQT had an OTS tune for a GTI with an IS38 I would have got the tune from them.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Let's please not let this thread devolve.......issue was brought up, vendor addressed with transparency AND a way forward to correct WITH offering for free, a way to make right. This is the point where "taking it offline" comes into play.

Stay classy my friends.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT

Unfortunately its not that simple. We ran into issues in the IT MSP space all the time, more work than we can handle and a lack of competent engineers. Same thing happens to tuners. Hiring someone to tune hundreds of customer vehicles is a huge liability to the business. Not something where you just want to pull someone off the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.