GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rs3 dust shield on MK7 golf

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Has anyone tried this on our PP or Macan brakes?

E843AE70-7934-4CCD-800C-95E44E6BB65C.jpeg

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
So what's it do, provide a little more air to the rotor at 150 MPH? Can you see it from the front? If that's all it does it seems careful drilling of holes in the OEM one would do similar.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
So what's it do, provide a little more air to the rotor at 150 MPH? Can you see it from the front? If that's all it does it seems careful drilling of holes in the OEM one would do similar.
I think it provides a lot more air than our oem shields which have no vents.

with drilling oem shields, they will rust in no time, with cutting them off you will fry the other components crisp such as ball joints and rubber lines from too much heat.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
My main question for this thread is, being RS3, it is an MQB right? It would seem like this dust shield should fit onto our knuckles.

Does anyone disagree with the above statement?

I understand RS3 uses 370mm rotors but that is only 1 inch wider diameter and that means only half an inch edge for gap when used on a 340 / 345mm rotor. Doesn't that make it a pretty good fit? We don't need the heat shield to go directly to the edge and nearly touch the OEM rotors right? and these seem to have a significant amount of venting to work with the RS3 brake ducts.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I think it provides a lot more air than our oem shields which have no vents.

with drilling oem shields, they will rust in no time, with cutting them off you will fry the other components crisp such as ball joints and rubber lines from too much heat.
Epoxy paint to exposed metal, cure for 24 hours, bake in your oven for an hour or two afterwards. No rust.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
these are 1/4" over sized for the 370mm rotors and will look weird on the smaller rotors
I think small or weird is subjective, but I'm mainly just wondering if it fits. I don't like to cut heat shields as I don't like exposed sharp edges and definitely don't want to run it without a heat shield.

I know your rotors are very large and that's great but that's also why your rotors don't get as hot. My car spends a lot of time on the track and it is still a street car so I'd prefer to have shields.

A lot of performance cars have heat shields larger than the rotors and it isn't particularly an eye sore especially if it is just half an inch. If this works it could be a nice OEM look.