GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Well, I can't do sun shots, but here's some wet autocross day shots...
17x9, 255/40r17 RS4s

PXL_20210725_142311114~3.jpg
PXL_20210725_142326869~2.jpg
PXL_20210725_142339794~2.jpg
PXL_20210725_142318186.jpg

Last edited:

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
For my 2017 R, my owner's manual says the wheel bolt torque should be 88 ft-lbs (120 Nm). What about tire pressure? I'm going from OEM to a 235/45R17 on a 17x8.5. I've had the tires since the end of May, but the new wheels are scheduled to arrive today. Woo hoo!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For my 2017 R, my owner's manual says the wheel bolt torque should be 88 ft-lbs (120 Nm). What about tire pressure? I'm going from OEM to a 235/45R17 on a 17x8.5. I've had the tires since the end of May, but the new wheels are scheduled to arrive today. Woo hoo!
The tire pressure is printed on the sticker on the door. Start with the recommended pressure and adjust according to treadwear.

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
Yep, I'm familiar with the pressures indicated on those stickers; I'm wondering if they're for OEM sizes only. I'm not sure about this, but In a few places I've seen recommendations for lower pressures for wheels with smaller diameters and tires with higher profiles.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yep, I'm familiar with the pressures indicated on those stickers; I'm wondering if they're for OEM sizes only. I'm not sure about this, but In a few places I've seen recommendations for lower pressures for wheels with smaller diameters and tires with higher profiles.
The most important part is regardless of what starting cold tire pressure you choose keep an eye on the treadwear. Over inflated wears the center of the tire and under inflated wears the edges of the tire.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

Millsn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7R
Couple of dumb questions if I may?
1. Any inspiration on ways/tools to clean the scalloped inner faces of the spokes when on the car?
2. Where do people jack underneath the car (using trolley jack)?

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Couple of dumb questions if I may?
1. Any inspiration on ways/tools to clean the scalloped inner faces of the spokes when on the car?
2. Where do people jack underneath the car (using trolley jack)?
Jacking points are the reinforced pinch welds along the sill. See your users manual.

For cleaning the scallops, either a boars hair brush or just a plush microfiber or microfiber wash mitt would work great. Just don't reuse anything that touches your wheels on your paint (ever), there's a lot of abrasive iron in brake dust.

Millsn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7R
Jacking points are the reinforced pinch welds along the sill. See your users manual.

For cleaning the scallops, either a boars hair brush or just a plush microfiber or microfiber wash mitt would work great. Just don't reuse anything that touches your wheels on your paint (ever), there's a lot of abrasive iron in brake dust.
Thanks very much. All set on the cleaning front.

I can't be alone in thinking that flange is a weird jacking point?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
What's crazy (for me anyway) is only needing to jack up the front to jack up front and back. Was able to change front and rear tires just jacking up the front

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Nice stiff chassis!