GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I just got my JB4 (used) with Bluetooth. I have a tank full of 87 in there now. Should I wait till I can burn through that and then put in 93? Or can I hook it up and just not enable any Maps?
You can set it to map 0 I believe

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I've installed the JB4 Gen3b in my Bettle.
Does the steering wheel controls work for changing the maps on the Bettle?
Nope. You’ll need the data cable or a BT module for the JB4 and the app on a mobile device or a laptop to make any changes

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
So I somehow managed to bust the retainer on the connector going into Plug D during my install. It won't come apart because of the way I ziptied between the wires on both ends, but if I have to replace it down the line, anyone know the part number at all?

JB1 is what this car needed, though! And remind me to just do that one from the bottom.

Also curious if anyone who got the prepaid maintenance plans with their in-warranty cars even bother taking them out when going in for service. With the way I have it now, it's going to be a bitch to take it in and out all the time.

Last edited:

battle.munky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Tornado Red 2017 Mk7
Alright, I need another set of eyes if someone can help us out.

https://datazap.me/u/battlemunky/log-1627172096?log=0&data=1-5-9-19-36

@Vesta Turan and I went out to get some logs and we're not completely sure if we got them right or not. We were in 3rd (DSG) as low of rpm as possible and then floored it until >6k rpm. We really have no idea wtf we're looking at so we don't know if we got good data or if the date we got is showing normal operation. The data seems to track with rpm/gear/throttle vs. pedal/mph but a few of the logs we collected are a bit wonky. The one above seems to have two log runs but we were pretty sure we weren't combining them.

We want to move to map 2 but want to make sure everything is working as expected first. Any help is appreciated.

Here is another one:

https://datazap.me/u/battlemunky/log-1627171862?log=0&data=1-3-4-5-9-19-36

All we have is a drop in K&N filter and the JB4, of course.

Thanks!

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I pulled some logs from my otherwise stock 2016 gti. Wondering some someone can give me advice on dialing in this 91 oct tune. It was a warm day, ambient temp was in the mid 90s. FMIC is certainly something I need to invest in.

https://datazap.me/u/hashtagabe/mk7-gti-jb4?log=1&data=1-4
Dialing it in how, like no timing pull at all? Other than installing an IC you will either have to blend in ethanol or just add 3psi for now.

HashtagAbe

Dialing it in how, like no timing pull at all? Other than installing an IC you will either have to blend in ethanol or just add 3psi for now.
Yea I would prefer to limit any timing pull. FMIC is coming soon. Im planning on getting a solid 91oct map then adding some E and work on a solid E30 map.