GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vacuum leak

RainbowZucchini

Car(s)
2007 mk5 gti
Currently having code p2279 an I believe I found where the leak is coming from (blue arrow) whistling sound coming from it and when I press around it I can hear it go away. What’s the best way to fix this? Would putting a hose clamp on there work or is there something missing there?

Attachments

• 1D4FF96E-C991-4156-AEBD-4EE204D074F1.jpeg
    1D4FF96E-C991-4156-AEBD-4EE204D074F1.jpeg
    846.1 KB · Views: 85

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes...it would help. It is supposed to have one and it appears someone forgot to include it.
Dealers usually have single-ear clamps for it, but the other types will do. IIRC, its size is about 32mm...31.6 (1-1/4") is what I believe is stamped on the clamp.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Depending on the the size/style of hose the clamps are different sizes but a flat band rolled edge clamps is easier to use than the Oetiker bands.

This type uses two N90409601
mk5 hose same size.PNG

This type uses one N90409601 in front & N90739901 for the rear.
mk5 hose small end.PNG

RainbowZucchini

Car(s)
2007 mk5 gti
Yes...it would help. It is supposed to have one and it appears someone forgot to include it.
Dealers usually have single-ear clamps for it, but the other types will do. IIRC, its size is about 32mm...31.6 (1-1/4") is what I believe is stamped on the clamp.
Ended up putting an adjustable clamp on it for now and it seems like the problem is fixed thanks for the size of the clamp was barely able to find one big enough

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Ended up putting an adjustable clamp on it for now and it seems like the problem is fixed thanks for the size of the clamp was barely able to find one big enough
For whatever reason...VW made the two ends the hose connects to, different diameters. They do the same for the brake booster-to-intake manifold hose.