GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
You have to remove the pendulum mount too. It's no big deal. Note the 2 bolts holding it in are different lengths. Make sure the right ones go back in the right spots.

Yes, you cut it out. Hacksaw like this works.
I bought new bolt for the dogbone. Do I need to buy new bolts for the pendulum mount or I can reuse them?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I don’t recall removing my pendulum arm. Just cut the insert, arm sits above it.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Depends on if the bolts look like crap from driving around in salt. If they look good hit em with a wirebrush and put em back in.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Thanks everyone for the info. Was thinking might as well replace the pendulum mount if I have to remove it. Guess I'll hold off on buying the pendulum mount lol.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Stock is fine once you go Powerflex. Get BFI mounts instead.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Stock is fine once you go Powerflex. Get BFI mounts instead.
I just got the BFI engine/trans mount installed. I was expecting much more NVH when I got the BFI mounts installed paired with the 034 dogbone insert but I can barely feel anything. Will be putting the powerflex in this weekend along with the rear subframe harmonic damper.

adgainai95

Car(s)
Golf R wagon
I recently add powerflex standard insert and ebay pendulum arm to replace 034 lower insert only. idling and reversing is similar to 034 insert. However once A/C is on, it does add a bit more vibration on cold start. but when it gets warm, everything is smoother, no to little vibration similar. however car does performance much better than with 034 only

Attachments

• dogbone.jpg
    dogbone.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 155

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Installed my Powerflex *derp...been calling it a Proflex all day lol* hybrid insert today. Had a Spulen Street insert for 50k miles or so. Had the Powerflex Hybrid sitting on the shelf. Was nervous to install it, mainly cutting the stock one out of the subframe. My old Spulen insert came out in one piece which was impressive. It did look to be delaminating along the front part of the insert. Still was a good upgrade for the price.

IMG_20210822_102415177.jpg
IMG_20210822_102423830.jpg

Used a dremel with a standard-length metal cutting bit. Cut right through about half the stock insert in depth on the front, and 3/4 in the rear. Then just pried the stock unit out.

IMG_20210822_104437020.jpg

Lubed the Powerflex insert and pressed it all the way in by hand. Torqued up the bolt.

IMG_20210822_105254214.jpg

Took about 20 minutes. Backed it off the ramps and couldn't believe how much less vibration there was in reverse. Driving was even more impressive. My old mount was trashed. But how much less vibration was felt through the cabin was insane. Mind you, I have BFI Stage 1 engine and trans mounts. I installed the engine mount first, and had only the most minor vibration increase with the Spulen mount installed. Once I installed the trans mount is when the vibrations got very pronounced. Not terrible, just turned up to 4 or 5.

The Powerflex Hybrid knocked it back to a 1-2. Absolutely blown away. I could feel the engine moving and knew the dog bone mount was essentially failed. I now have way less torque steer. Wheelspin honestly feels decreased.

Get one. They are the cats pajamas. And super easy to install.

Edit: In hindsight, the vibrations are at a solid 2. Came down off that "oh my goodness, my car feels so much better" high. Old vibrations and shift feeling was just so bad. Probably got to bump my prior rating up to a 6-7 in reflection. It was worse than I gave it credit.

Last edited: