GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Finally I get to drive it, brought it home after getting ceramic coated last week and immediately put it in the garage to let it cure. It's insane, water just falls off of the car now, and it's such a nice finish. Eyeballing the BFI mounts next, and starting to feel out cost for APR stage 1 and a clutch. I'm told these cars aren't awful to do the clutch on, but I'm debating if it's worth being able to go eat a burrito and come back to the job being done, rather than the labor and anxiety of doing such a large job on a car I still owe money on.

Attachments

• 20210709_081044.jpg
    20210709_081044.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 72

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Love those RFs…. Ran those on my MK4 GLI….so classy

I accidentally ordered the kind that uses conical instead of ball seat. Other than that all the specs are the same, so I just have to order a set of conical bolts. Easier than returning these just so I can use the same bolts I already have.

I also ordered red center caps to accent the red GTI badges.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have the ECS dual air inlet and can vouch for its effectiveness. I have the aFe open intake and it's not uncommon for IAT temperatures to be 180* at a stoplight in Phoenix when it's over 110*. I can feel less loss of power since the ECS dual air inlet was installed. IAT 's come down dramatically faster now once the car is moving with less loss of power.
Not the one you linked but the dual air inlet.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Then I definitely need to step my game up. I've got 133,000 miles. 😂
I’m turning 36k on mine….. holding until at least 41k before IS38….at least