GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Recently had my car serviced and now my JB4 app isn't logging IAT - thoughts? IDeas? Checked all the connections and everything is snug.

dmsyr

Ready to race!
Try signing out of the app and logging back in and/or restarting your device.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Removed the TEMP_IAT gauge and add it back to my view to get it to work. Even the uninstall/reinstall of the app didn't work. Strange bug in the app and nothing to do with the JB4.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Jb4 keeps map switching from custom map6 to map 69 and I can't seem to put my finger on what's triggering it exactly it. I thought it may have been when I'm giving it the beans and WOT but it doesn't always cause the jb4 to map switch. Any thoughts?

dmsyr

Ready to race!
Jb4 keeps map switching from custom map6 to map 69 and I can't seem to put my finger on what's triggering it exactly it. I thought it may have been when I'm giving it the beans and WOT but it doesn't always cause the jb4 to map switch. Any thoughts?
Nice! Map69!! Lol!

Jokes aside, that's odd. Just casually driving around and it switches maps?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Nice! Map69!! Lol!

Jokes aside, that's odd. Just casually driving around and it switches maps?
Define "casually" lol. I thought it was when I was going WOT but when I tested that theory earlier today it didn't map switch. Usually doesn't happen ever when I'm just putting around town and rowing gears around 3k.

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Took some logs today, I am looking over the ignition timing and am a little concerned with the values or maybe I'm reading them wrong.

This was done on a fresh tank of Shell 93 and outside temps were high 80s/low 90s, did a couple 3rd and 4th gear pulls. One long 4th gear pull, I did see my AFRs dip a little into the high 10s? This was all done on Map 2, just making sure it looks healthy before I keep pushing it, car feels great and pulls strong with no hesitation.

I only have touched the FOL and set it at 50.

Only mods are drop in filter and silicone elbow, fresh plugs gapped to 28.

https://datazap.me/u/jackphom/3rd4th-gear-pull?log=0&data=1-3-4-5-6-9-11-14-18-23

grembal

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit, '99 MX5
Hey folks, running map 2 currently with an FMIC, catted downpipe, Cali 91. Past several months I've been seeing Ign2-4 values bump slightly, usually when I ramp up the throttle, or near the end of a pull. Today was particularly bad im guessing because of the high temperatures out here. When I first noticed this I swapped to Beru step colder plugs, seemed to help a little but it still happens, old plugs (~10k miles on them) werent fouled or anything. In cooler temps it seems to happen occasionally in a random cylinder. Is this something to be concerned about or am I just being overly paranoid?

https://datazap.me/u/mumyoryu/log-1627520546?log=0&data=1-4-6-18-25-26-27-28

edit - found my answer reading through the thread - Im just being paranoid 🙃

Last edited:

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
Would just like to add some praise for George at Burger, he's so awesome. I've moved onto an ECU & TCU flash now that my car is out of warranty.

Car runs great with the tune for sure but I've been logging back and forth with George probably 4 or 5 times and our stack 6 map adds 4 PSI peak over the TCU tune. RON 98 + E25 fuel.

pelmot

Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG