GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Error: Tire Pressure Monitoring System" -- anyone familiar?

AR11

Ready to race!
First of all -- I know the warning for low tire pressure and how to reset that. This isn't the pressure warning.

I've started to get an error message that reads as I've written in the title. When I start the car the TPMS icon on the dash (tire tread) blinks for a bit and then holds solid. When I go in to the "Car" menu in the center console I see the error message and it shows the car with all 4 wheels tinted yellow.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? It started immediately after swapping some wheels. I'm not getting any other engine/ESC/brake related faults. I'm planning on inspecting the abs lines but doubt anything is up with them because of the absence of any abs related errors on the dash.

Has anyone experienced this or have any other ideas of what I should check before bringing it in? I'd rather not have the dealership start fucking around with the car unless really necessary.

SLOWR

Ready to race!
First of all -- I know the warning for low tire pressure and how to reset that. This isn't the pressure warning.

I've started to get an error message that reads as I've written in the title. When I start the car the TPMS icon on the dash (tire tread) blinks for a bit and then holds solid. When I go in to the "Car" menu in the center console I see the error message and it shows the car with all 4 wheels tinted yellow.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? It started immediately after swapping some wheels. I'm not getting any other engine/ESC/brake related faults. I'm planning on inspecting the abs lines but doubt anything is up with them because of the absence of any abs related errors on the dash.

Has anyone experienced this or have any other ideas of what I should check before bringing it in? I'd rather not have the dealership start fucking around with the car unless really necessary.

I only had this come up when I changed by tire sizes and they were slightly bigger than stock ones and therefore, the TPMS light appeared. I reset the system on the car menu and it has not appeared since then!

AR11

Ready to race!
I got the error when I went back to the stock wheels/tires. Resetting the pressure on the screen didn't get rid of the error.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I had mine come up with low tyre pressure, but it did not specify which wheel which it should & does do...

Now I know I ain't got 4 flat tyres, so when I got home I ran VCDS...no other faults, & you can't clear that one with VCDS, as you are supposed to clear via screen reset or in my case I retro fitted the TPMS switch.

did reset & all ok.

I think mine activated because I went through a deepish puddle at about 60MPH...it threw a wobbly did the ABS unit, have known this to happen in other VAG cars & has happened to me also...

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I've had this shown when my ESC threw a fault half way through an autoX run. I got errors for ESC and TPMS. I used the VCDS to clear the code and it never came back. I am not sure how to induce it to fault out.

AR11

Ready to race!
Just to circle back on this -- my issue was solved with no real intervention. I think I continued to try the pressure reset through the center console and at some point that managed to clear the error. This seems roughly consistent with RacingManiac's experience. Just clear the code and dont worry about it.

I haven't gotten any issues since.

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
2016 Golf R with 20K miles, dealer has no clue I had oem 19 Cadiz and settled down for 500 miles, I changed last week for 18 OZ Racing and the blink came instantly. I will reset the tpms with vcds/obdeleven on the break module, that seemed to work last time. I also cleaned and inspected ABS sensores and wiring, I suspect the ABS rings on the rear hubs might be faulty/rusty.