GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Ah they want me to come in for pricing due to it being an exclusive vehicle.

Sounds like a set up. :sneaky: Beforehand will be a background check and a request for letters of recommendation ......

I see that Car Pros Volkswagen of San Bernardino has a 2021 Volkswagen GTI SE w/ DSG with "Please Call" pricing. They probably first put the caller on speakerphone so that the entire sales floor can share a laugh when the price is announced.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Lol let me hold my laughter. Shall we take bets? I’m thinking market adjusted value of 5K
So they sent me this quote instead even though I never asked for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-230117_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517-230117_Samsung Internet.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 169

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
So they sent me this quote instead even though I never asked for it.

Gee, what nice guys at Riverside offering an S for $29,840 with an actual MSRP of $29,495 and their uninvited quote doesn't mention a Destination Charge. Their CFB Autobahn (VIN 3VW6T7AU7MM008947) has a VW MSRP of $37,745 + $995 VW Destination Charge; I can't wait to see what they think it's worth.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Mom bought a used car. Was an amazing deal, but they added on like $2k in trackers, window tint, nitrogen that wasn't listed.
Flat out told them take it all off. They said they couldn't. Ok, that's your loss cause I'm not paying for it. Of course I was nicer about it, but yeah, was removed from price of car.

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
If no new 2021 GTI's are arriving, then that partially explains the lower incentives being offered by VW. Total 2021 inventory is very low.

If anyone is interested in buying a new 2021 GTI, you can see if your preference is for a unicorn combination. This is what I see in cars.com today, which doesn't report the difference very well between white vs. white silver, nor cornflower blue vs dark iron blue.

2021 GTIBoth TransmissionsManualDSG
All TrimsAll Colors819110709
Black34043297
White32644282
Red671750
Blue84678

SAll Colors27544231
Black1202199
White1011388
Red27819
Blue27225

SEAll Colors41547368
Black16714153
White17425149
Red28523
Blue45342

AutobahnAll Colors12919110
Black53845
White52646
Red1248
Blue12111
Manual cars are in less demand, I got lucky I was able to find one since it was the last one remaining in Miami last year.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Manual cars are in less demand, I got lucky I was able to find one since it was the last one remaining in Miami last year.

Those of us who enjoy manuals are blessed by VW's and Mazda's continued willingness to produce them, and on nicely outfitted models. I've probably overlooked a few other brands (like Honda?), not being familiar with them. Some manufacturers that offer manuals do so only on their lowest trim models, which in this age is an odd choice. It's probably safe to say that manuals these days are sold mostly to driving enthusiasts.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Amazing what a difference one month makes. Last month, good deals were available with both VW and the dealerships willing to give extra incentives. This month, with supplies lower, prices took a 180 degree turn.
Can confirm this as well.

I had a lease deal lined up for my Arteon for April, but I second guessed it and waited until May. HUGE mistake!
Well I lost out on $500, the residual went down and they were going to include the Homelink mirror (~$250) in April as well. I had to settle for them including the ~$100 trunk liner instead for May.

Hindsight sucks

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R
Yeah there’s a few around me that literally have brand new 2020 GTI’s just collecting dust. I went a few weeks ago to check out a 2019 R that they had and I let them know where I’d be on the R and they flat out declined. They showed me a 2020 GTI Autobahn and were feeding me BS like “we just received this”, “it’s only been on the lot for 1 month”. They told me they would sell it for invoice haha 6% plus whatever rebates i would be eligible for. I laughed and left. Let the sales manager know on my way out that if it doesn’t sell he should consider my 20% off offer for the GTI. That thing literally was collecting dust on the lot. Nobody was even looking at the 2020’s.

We have a local dealer that still has 2020 GTIs on the lot. Some have been on the lot for over 365 days according to CarGurus; it's insane.

wantone

Ready to race!
Curious, when is the release of the MK8? End of year November or December? That's a looong time for the remaining MK7's. Only 700 now on Cars.com. Which means probably a smidge over 1000 since not all dealers are on Cars.com. There are going to be slim pickings in a few months and through end of year. Then no deals on the MK8's at first. Just a terrible time to buy a car with no end in sight.