GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best mods for stage 2?

IceKing1

Car(s)
Golf R
Hi all! I’m new here :)
I would really appreciate it if I could get your opinions on some mods I’m considering for my stage 2 MK7, if I should get them, and if so in what order and from which manufacturers? And what kind of benefits and perhaps powergain I should expect?
These are the ones I’m considering :)
Revo Intercooler
Revo intercooler piping upgrade
Revo full mount kit
Revo is38etr v2 turbo
Racingline DSG oil cooler
Racingline oil cooler kit
Big brake kit
Revo hpfp
Revo lpfp

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm by no means an expert but I don't think you need extra oil cooling or fueling with only stage 2. I'd spend the money on a DSG tune if you haven't already. I don't think it gets hot enough to need an IC where you live. I think should ask people in your area to help you decide. It's also what your goal is and how much you're willing to spend for small improvements in power.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Well you are definitely missing a downpipe.... idk how it works in Iceland? in Europe some tuners try to keep the OE downpipe, which is different to ours....

But i think Revo for their ETR turbo, they require an aftermarket downpipe:

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-vii/181/stage-3

1620326924669.png

@The Fed He is getting a turbo upgrade, so he at least needs the fueling upgrades as noted by REVO.... the oil coolers on the other hand are overkill for sure...

OP its not good to run too cold either....

IceKing1

Car(s)
Golf R
Well you are definitely missing a downpipe.... idk how it works in Iceland? in Europe some tuners try to keep the OE downpipe, which is different to ours....

But i think Revo for their ETR turbo, they require an aftermarket downpipe:

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-vii/181/stage-3

View attachment 212728

@The Fed He is getting a turbo upgrade, so he at least needs the fueling upgrades as noted by REVO.... the oil coolers on the other hand are overkill for sure...

OP its not good to run too cold either....
I have a downpipe already :) oil temp goes up to 103°c even when it’s -10°c outside, is that considered normal/ok?

IceKing1

Car(s)
Golf R
I'm by no means an expert but I don't think you need extra oil cooling or fueling with only stage 2. I'd spend the money on a DSG tune if you haven't already. I don't think it gets hot enough to need an IC where you live. I think should ask people in your area to help you decide. It's also what your goal is and how much you're willing to spend for small improvements in power.
Already have a DSG tune but thank for the reply I appreciate it, I’ll check with some people in my area about the Intercooler :) I would really like it to be more powerful but don’t want to risk reliability

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
An intercooler upgrade won't give you anything as far as increasing power. It will however keep your car from losing power after multiple pulls by way of not getting heat soaked. So yes, an intercooler upgrade would be beneficial if you're doing a lot of aggressive driving/launches.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
What are you trying to achieve? Track, dragstrip, AutoX, street, more power, better handling, don't like brakes,.....?

You will get better responses knowing the problem(s) you are looking to solve.