GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Switched 19 inch wheels for 18 inch.

Wass

Passed Driver's Ed
BBS machined with matte graphite accent. Better ride, less jarring over bumps and undulations.

GolfR_wheels.jpg

Last edited:

ego7.5R

Car(s)
'18R FBO E85
IMG_20210430_135124.jpg

IMG_20210430_124851_227.jpg

IMG_20210430_124851_184.jpg

Switched from 19" Englishtowns to 18"x9" RPF1 mainly because I was getting tired of the jarring ride quality. The benefits of cutting unsprung weight/adding sticky rubber and the aesthetics of the new stance made it happen. I'm also loving the metallic silver against Oryx White when it's all clean. Could not be happier.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
Nice move. Soon I'm really looking forward to a similar change for my ride.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I hate the 19's, for one bad roads feel like they are going to destroy the tires, and bought mine lowered and they rub slightly, I jumped on the Apex group buy and goin down to 17's.

It looks better good choice!
I went to a 17 for my winters. A lot less jarring for sure. Will go to an 18 when I lower the car.
IMG_0090.jpeg

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
Switched from 19" Englishtowns to 18"x9" RPF1 mainly because I was getting tired of the jarring ride quality. The benefits of cutting unsprung weight/adding sticky rubber and the aesthetics of the new stance made it happen. I'm also loving the metallic silver against Oryx White when it's all clean. Could not be happier.
What did you do with your Englishtowns?

prime8evolved

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel like I want to go this route after destroying 2 of my wheels. One in Iowa (Construction zone) and one in Ohio (Construction zone).. You would think they would make sure the road they give you to drive on is good when they decide to tear up the rest of it...

ego7.5R

Car(s)
'18R FBO E85
What did you do with your Englishtowns?

Still have them and am actively looking to sell. Currently on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarates and come with a set of Sumitomo HTR ZIII.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion