GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Accessport Failing to Initialize

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Not sure if this was best put in electronics, or the tuning section, so I opted for here as it's a tuning product.

Anyways I'm having an issue with my accessport to where when my car sits and warms up in the sun, the AP won't fully initialize. It seems to be somewhat heat sensitive, as I never had the issue in the bitter cold of winter. I have it mounted on my left hand dash vent, as I like the data that it shows, but if it's a matter of having to pull it out ever time the car is parked I'll probably just remove it until it's needed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or one similar to it?

Thanks

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yeah, it shows the first screen with the red accessport logo then hangs there, and it does not get to the EQT logo. When it's being finicky like this, even unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't clear it up.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Mine stays in my car but out of the sun and it's not done that after sitting in my locked up car when the temperature is probably over 130*. Maybe direct sunlight was hitting it. Do what JerseyDrew77 said and hook it up to your PC and make sure it's running the latest firmware.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yeah updates are current, that was the first thing I checked.

Windows are tinted pretty dark, and sunshade is usually always in. Our daytime highs have been in the 60's, so definitely not abnormally hot.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I really don't think your issue is temperature related. I'd personally reach out to Cobb to see what they can do because it sounds like its defective.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I checked mine yesterday and there's a setting for low voltage shutoff. Any chance yours is on?

It is set to on, but I tried having it off as well. I even switched to the manual on/off setting versus have it turn on with the car. For all other times it's generally okay.

I dropped an email to COBB, I'll see what they say. Glad it's not a persistent issue out there, and maybe just something with my unit.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It is set to on, but I tried having it off as well. I even switched to the manual on/off setting versus have it turn on with the car. For all other times it's generally okay.

I dropped an email to COBB, I'll see what they say. Glad it's not a persistent issue out there, and maybe just something with my unit.
Why wait on email? Here's Cobbs phone number 866-922-3059. I've called twice and got through pretty quick.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
They had me send over a video of the startup. Sent the normal, and then when it fails to load. Doesn't sound like they really know what could be causing it, which is understandable. I didn't buy it new, so maybe they'll at least look at it for a repair if they do that type of thing.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
Sounds basic, but double check the cable where it plugs into the ap. I have mine mounted in the same location and I noticed that sometimes it wouldn't turn on/connect. Even if the plug was 'clicked' properly it may not have been seated all the way. The angle I had it mounted at let it slip out a little and it wouldn't turn on. Now I have a different mount and it works fine since that cable can be seated properly.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Good recommendation, I'll check everything for a good connection.