GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Exhaust tips

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The size on my stock exhaust was definitely 2.75", not 2.5". I bought these knockoff Akrapovic tips, and got 70mm (2.75") to 89mm (3.5").

1599052674955.png

I did end up having to cut the exhaust pipe along with the tip as much as I could, because they were sticking out a comical amount without any modification.

1599052754575.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sorry to disappoint, but that was back in like May. Didn't leave my tips sticking out like nipples on ice.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Has anyone tried these, bolt on 4” tips? Kinda worried about welding and not being able to go back..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193638974404
Those are for raw 2.5 exhaust pipes, for those 2 work you will still have to cut your factory tips off... so you still can’t “go back”

With something so minimal as exhaust tips in what scenario would you need to go back? Are you thinking in terms of selling and going back to stock or just as a concern in case you don’t like how they look?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Those are for raw 2.5 exhaust pipes, for those 2 work you will still have to cut your factory tips off... so you still can’t “go back”

With something so minimal as exhaust tips in what scenario would you need to go back? Are you thinking in terms of selling and going back to stock or just as a concern in case you don’t like how they look?
Oh okay, gotcha. I mean if i sell the car but i guess its not a big deal and looks better. I think i will give it a try then..

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
This thread excites me. I'm about to put on a nice diffuser and want to fill out them holes. The stock exhaust has some PUNY tips. Like a cucumber probably wouldn't even fit inside them. I'm trying to figure out if I just wait to possible upgrade to a catback exhaust (no dp) to get the extra sound that I would enjoy OR keep it quiet, stg1 subtle power, and throw on some exhaust tips...

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
This thread excites me. I'm about to put on a nice diffuser and want to fill out them holes. The stock exhaust has some PUNY tips. Like a cucumber probably wouldn't even fit inside them. I'm trying to figure out if I just wait to possible upgrade to a catback exhaust (no dp) to get the extra sound that I would enjoy OR keep it quiet, stg1 subtle power, and throw on some exhaust tips...
Get a CSS muffler and call it a day. Sounds great inside. Isn’t annoying outside. Bigger tips. Thats what I ended up doing in the long run.