GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone inserts question... APR lower and 034 upper?

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I tried to search a few dogbone related threads but didn't find anyone using this combination. I was able to get a hold of a new APR lower insert (v2) second-hand on FB, but was also looking at buying the 034 upper dogbone insert. Has anyone used this combination and if so, would you recommend it? I want to confirm that the lower and upper inserts aren't going to make contact with eachother when installed and cause any increased NVH.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I can't 100% confirm because I haven't tried it, but it shouldn't be an issue. I have the ECS lower insert and 034 upper insert and they do not make contact.

034's website says you must use the 034 lower with the upper, but I found that not to be true.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I can't 100% confirm because I haven't tried it, but it shouldn't be an issue. I have the ECS lower insert and 034 upper insert and they do not make contact.

I guess if the APR lower makes contact with the 034, I could always file/grind it down 1/8" or so.

I have the TQ solutions lower and the 034 upper and they work together.

also - in before the "get a BFI insert comment" lol

Thanks, good to know. I will never go with a polyurethane insert again. Tried two different styles on my MK6 and hated everything about them, removal being the worst part! haha

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I used 034 upper and APR pendulum in conjunction with BFI stage one motor mount, slight vibration, doesn’t bother me. Engine and trans are definitely not flopping around anymore

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I have the APR lower with the 034 upper and they work just fine together. I do also have the 034 dogbone though.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I used 034 upper and APR pendulum in conjunction with BFI stage one motor mount, slight vibration, doesn’t bother me. Engine and trans are definitely not flopping around anymore
you don't have a lower insert? I wouldn't think using an upper without a lower would be a good idea...