GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG tune for s2 - needed?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Right, I meant the 93 s1.5 obviously :D . I guess the 93 s1 is closer to Uni then? If so, it's kind of nice that they give two options, one milder and one stronger.

PS. And how is their TCU tune (ED) compared to the other two? Closer to Uni? (which is deemed best) or to APR (only good for the extra clamping pressure)

A lot of people are happy with APRs TCU tune, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I don't have any personal experience with EDs TCU tune, but the general consensus is that it's not as well sorted as APR or Uni, but it gets the job done.

Torqued

Passed Driver's Ed
I put the ED Stg1 TCU on this weekend. Pretty happy with it and should have applied it sooner. The car feels much more responsive now. My only criticism is that D is more like S now and it holds the lower gears longer than I'd like. Being a daily driver I would have appreciated the D mapping to stay closer to stock and then had S tweaked.

While putting the tune through its paces this happened. At first I thought it was the clutch engagement issue other had reported. What a oh shit moment...Sunday afternoon, 110 degrees out and 15 miles away from home in the country. Anyways limped home and no CELs were set. I don't see how there was enough room for the hose to pop off considering the charge pipe is rigid and attached to the head. The only thing I can think of is that during assembly it was barely attached to begin with.

alper

Ready to race!
A lot of people are happy with APRs TCU tune, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I don't have any personal experience with EDs TCU tune, but the general consensus is that it's not as well sorted as APR or Uni, but it gets the job done.

It's all-right. You stated the reasons why you didn't like it so I don't see anything wrong there. Preferences and opinions will vary but as long as there are logical arguments to back them up they're all fine. If there's one thing I hate is personal or fanboy nonsense.

sovietsky191

Passed Driver's Ed
Any more recent updates regarding the APR DSG tune? I am currently is38 APR 91 w/ stock TCU tune and planning on doing the APR TCU tune on monday. Do the shift point change alot? Its my daily driver and dont want the car going too much higher than stock shift points...(around 2000 rpm stock tcu tune) Any feedback is appreciated!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Any more recent updates regarding the APR DSG tune? I am currently is38 APR 91 w/ stock TCU tune and planning on doing the APR TCU tune on monday. Do the shift point change alot? Its my daily driver and dont want the car going too much higher than stock shift points...(around 2000 rpm stock tcu tune) Any feedback is appreciated!
That thread was last responded to 2 1/2 years ago. Did you check the APR website for that info?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
That thread was last responded to 2 1/2 years ago. Did you check the APR website for that info?
Yes i know, just wanted to see if anyone can give any current feedback on the is38 apr tcu tune. I checked the apr website regarding the shift points, seems like they are more aggressive but dont know by how much and how it drives.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes i know, just wanted to see if anyone can give any current feedback on the is38 apr tcu tune. I checked the apr website regarding the shift points, seems like they are more aggressive but dont know by how much and how it drives.
I was hoping their website would answer that but maybe someone with the APR tune will respond.
I would guess the shift points will change based on other companies trans tunes.