GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Finally decided on new rims and ordered those, since you can't have silver rims with a Nardo grey wrap. That's just heresy.

They're some no name brand, so they were cheap as hell. Like $600 for all 4. Vors TR37. Definitely... "heavily inspired" I guess you could say, by the Volk TE37. With the added bonus of being less for a set of 4x than a single Volk rim...

View attachment 201712

Still 18x8.5, with a slightly lower offset, so will actually sit more flush than my current Neuspeeds. They probably weigh a ton, but that doesn't bother me at all.

So if anyone in the New England area is interested in a well loved set of silver Neuspeed RSE11's for pretty cheap, let me know. Depending on how long these take to ship, should have a set up in the classifieds within a couple weeks.
TR Motorsport sells a similar kind on Tirerack, but they are 18x8:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=C48845512B&wheelMake=TRMotorsport&wheelModel=C4&wheelFinish=Black Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Volkswagen&autoModel=Golf+GTI&autoYear=2019&autoModClar=

Attachments

• tr.jpg
    tr.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 55

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Took a few minutes out in the cold garage to throw the new intake in. I like the stock like appearance of it. Almost a copy of the VWR intake.

Attachments

• 20210130_193532.jpg
    20210130_193532.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 87

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Stood in the cold and talked about it. Hopefully these videos help the new guys avoid spending money on unnecessary things and focus on what’ll truly enhance their car for their personal driving style.

For regular driving, the biggest impact on braking is tires, then pads, and any clean factory fluid. My 2018 non-PP with stock pads, fluid and RE71R's would stop shorter than a PP work better pads, fluid and the stock AS tires.

Agree on EBC. Garbage. Wouldn't run them if they were free.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Tossed in my APR intercooler. I did one in my mk6 and don’t remember the stocker being that skinny. Fitment was as expected from APR. Install was fairly simple. I’m not a huge fan of all the finicky plastic clips and things in comparison to the mk6. Seems like more opportunities for things to break over time. Not that I plan on removing the bumper again anytime soon.

5E5F42C4-69E9-4EDA-9E92-D482B07C9FAC.jpeg
711DA8FB-9F0A-4064-8291-0ADE632CF863.jpeg
4B6830C7-2969-4D19-89BC-01CDA8B08F4E.jpeg
C5FC684E-1B5D-4D1A-A3C7-78CDD6D01FF5.jpeg

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
My wife and I took a trip up to DFW and got a great deal on a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in firecracker red (her dream car). I will avoid hijacking this thread with pictures but it is a beautiful vehicle and it may sneak its way into the background of other pics moving forward.

The unexpected bonus to this is that she has already started researching subtle mods and detailing stuff. Now she finally understands!!!

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Swapped out my dash cam (and put the old one in the wife's car), switched out my battery, swapped my valve stem covers for these neat VW ones, and took a nice long drive on the way home from the store. I have gotten real good at finding the longest way home possible lately.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Went to the lake today with some friends and snapped this pic.

GTI_Conroe_1.jpg

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Not 100% Mk7 related, but I picked up a RadPowerBikes RadRunner Plus. The first logical thing to do with a $1700 bike is ride It on a frozen lake right? Over 2 days I covered about 24 miles on Lake Wallenpaupack. I've wanted an e-bike for ages, and I live close enough to work I figured I'd give it a shot. Should save me about $2500 in fuel for the year, and the commute by bike is half the distance thanks to some trails. Fits perfectly in the back of my GSW with the seats folded down and front wheel removed.

Weekend fun over I had to drive back to Harrisburg through this awesome snowstorm. Filled the box and I was off. Averaged 34mpg at 55mph!View attachment 201891View attachment 201892View attachment 201893View attachment 201894View attachment 201895View attachment 201896

Ah Lake Wallenpaupack... my ole stompin grounds. I grew up in Dingmas Ferry and went to Del Val.