GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I have mixed feelings about min. wage but really like the idea of the CEO getting pay limited to some number like 100X the pay of the lowest worker. Strongly against the huge wage gap (and would tax on full amount including benefits)

^ this.

Its a way for the wages of lower earning employees to keep up with the higher earning ones.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
mk 7,

no I'm not and I'm not sure how if you read my post you ended up with that.

like others I go back and forth with party affiliation. In CT you can only primary vote in your party. Last Republican I voted for was John Kachich (sp?)

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
who wants to get into taxes? Raise your 🖐 if your all for the wealthiest and largest companies in the US (mainly large tech) getting crazy tax breaks, I paid more federal taxes than Amazon in 2018 while they made 11 billion profit.

Imagine if they paid just a fraction of their taxes maybe that money would be used for something good like new roads, so i can rip up some tires

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
The socks are what really gets me. When I looked at the itemized bill from my hospital stay a few years ago, I couldn't help but notice they charged my insurance $59 for a pair of those grippy socks they make you wear.

I was once charged $950 for a tab of Amoxcillin by an ER.

Well my insurance was billed that... they ended up paying $24k for me to sit in a bed for 16 hours, three sets of bloodwork and three IV Antibiotic treatments.

Highway f‘ing robbery.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I was once charged $950 for a tab of Amoxcillin by an ER.

Well my insurance was billed that... they ended up paying $24k for me to sit in a bed for 16 hours, three sets of bloodwork and three IV Antibiotic treatments.

Highway f‘ing robbery.
they charged my fiancee 5,000 for a broken ankle, I helped wrap her soft cast at 4am in the er, I was in the back with the xray techs. Funny night. I was also absolutely bombed. All in all after insurance we didn't pay much but the fact that someone had to pay 4800 for me helping the pa wrap her ankle in a soft cast and getting 1 xray is wild

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
1610730156895.png

CEOs: Gold, Bitches.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
who wants to get into taxes? Raise your 🖐 if your all for the wealthiest and largest companies in the US (mainly large tech) getting crazy tax breaks, I paid more federal taxes than Amazon in 2018 while they made 11 billion profit.

Imagine if they paid just a fraction of their taxes maybe that money would be used for something good like new roads, so i can rip up some tires
I'd like to go back to the tax system "WhEn AmErIcA wAs GrEat" in the 1950's, but in today's environment we were CoMmIeS back then.

Reactions: WAP

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
they charged my fiancee 5,000 for a broken ankle, I helped wrap her soft cast at 4am in the er, I was in the back with the xray techs. Funny night. I was also absolutely bombed. All in all after insurance we didn't pay much but the fact that someone had to pay 4800 for me helping the pa wrap her ankle in a soft cast and getting 1 xray is wild
You paid. You pay premiums, right?

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

Absolutely. Bring back a huge 70% marginal income tax at the top level and quit giving gigantic companies huge tax breaks. Quit giving fuckos like Joel Olsteen tax-exempt status. All this and us normies wouldn't have to be taxed as much. Introduce a CEO salary cap -- absolutely no one needs $150B in the bank to themselves.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Torga,

lower the 70% number (maybe 50%) use a progressive system where the 1st 20K is at 10%, the amount between 20K-50 is at 20% the amount between 50-100 is 30% etc. No exemptions/deductions except for legit charity/ limited deductions for investments (favoring long term ones) Don't cap salary raise pay for minions.

Jim

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
import taxes:

base them on the countries environmental/political climate.

still sounding republican?

sorry but mk 7bk's republican comment was way off.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Torga,

lower the 70% number (maybe 50%) use a progressive system where the 1st 20K is at 10%, the amount between 20K-50 is at 20% the amount between 50-100 is 30% etc. No exemptions/deductions except for legit charity/ limited deductions for investments (favoring long term ones) Don't cap salary raise pay for minions.

Jim
Nah, I don't think we should compromise on the 70% marginal tax rate, especially if it's only on the excess of $10M or $15M someone may earn. Once someone is stupidly rich, it's easier for them to get even astronomically richer than it is for them to be poor again. The math just works in your favor when you're that far and away ahead of the pack. They'll whine, but they can take it. Maybe they just won't be able to have all five of the McLarens they want, they'll have to stop at four.

But yeah, I never thought that we should get rid of a progressive bracket system. Start low so those making $30k or less don't get rat-fucked, then go up from there all the way to 70% on everything after $10M-$15M.