GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I've driven a lot of manuals and never had any trouble taking off smoothly until this GTI. I even stalled it yesterday, on a steep hill at a traffic light.

The single mass flywheel needs more RPMs (than the stock flywheel does) to get going from a dead stop, but modulating the throttle is a PITA. It's either bog or over-rev, with a razor-thin margin of pedal effort between the two.
I feel this.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In the 80's, I let my roommate take my GTI to the store. Car ended up in PA with a burned out clutch (we lived in D.C).

Never again.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
In the 80's, I let my roommate take my GTI to the store. Car ended up in PA with a burned out clutch (we lived in D.C).

Never again.

Wow. Good on you for being a nice guy - bad on him for being a scum bag. Sorry that happened lol. I'd imagine you didn't get any money out of him?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wow. Good on you for being a nice guy - bad on him for being a scum bag. Sorry that happened lol. I'd imagine you didn't get any money out of him?

No, but he did help me tow it back to DC.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
For the eurocode front brace, how did you all torque the jamnuts to 15ft lb? What am I missing?

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Used it to drive my newborn son home from th hospital! He didn’t seem to mind the stiffer ride of the R spring in the wagon, stoked! Hoping to have time to install my front Stoptech kit in the coming weeks..
7BF84BEB-7542-4D6F-9E09-DAE5707CBCC6.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
30k VWCare service. Whoopdeedo

That and I ran all the lines for an upcoming subwoofer install

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I feel so dumb for asking. But how? How do you torque a jam nut using a 15/16 or 21mm wrench?
Not dumb... It’s more dumb that the directions state that when they know it’s not a common occurrence for a regular DIYer to be in situations where they are tq’ing to spec an open end wrench, lol.

I’m sure most end users just got it “that’s good” tight.

If you want to get a TQ wrench on there, they have adapter type tools that hook on to a wrench and then have your hole for the. 3/8 or 1/4 drive, but I would question how that affects the rating due to altered leverage.

do you have any crows foot sockets? You can use that on your wrench, but also...it’s a jam nut on that strut bar, just tighten it up and it will be fine. Keep in mind 15ftlb is not much, so you don’t need to stress about trying to get it super tight.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I feel so dumb for asking. But how? How do you torque a jam nut using a 15/16 or 21mm wrench?
im a little confused, do you have a torque wrench or no? if not, then like AJ said you can probably get away with just tightening it like normal...15 isn't much so don't go crazy on it, just make sure it's snug. then check it after driving around a bit to make sure it's not loosening up

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Not dumb... It’s more dumb that the directions state that when they know it’s not a common occurrence for a regular DIYer to be in situations where they are tq’ing to spec an open end wrench, lol.

I’m sure most end users just got it “that’s good” tight.

If you want to get a TQ wrench on there, they have adapter type tools that hook on to a wrench and then have your hole for the. 3/8 or 1/4 drive, but I would question how that affects the rating due to altered leverage.

do you have any crows foot sockets? You can use that on your wrench, but also...it’s a jam nut on that strut bar, just tighten it up and it will be fine. Keep in mind 15ftlb is not much, so you don’t need to stress about trying to get it super tight.

When using a torque adapter or crows foot you clock it 90* to the torque wrench, which zeros out the leverage so there’s no calculation required.