GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got catless downpipe.. have a CEL question...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just to note here - dropping a DP on a stock car wont' hurt a thing. Again, just have to contend with the visual of the CEL.

cb1111

Just to note here - dropping a DP on a stock car wont' hurt a thing. Again, just have to contend with the visual of the CEL.
and the fact that you won't pass an emissions test.

Edit - fixed my typo - thanks jim and tigeo

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I went CTS catted DP (High flow 200cell) and 42DD o2 sensor. I got no tune either. Mainly got it for sound for now with the Clubsport S muffler.
I alwayss have a CEL. This morning it turned off and later like at 7pm it turned on. Im used to it turning ON and OFF. Drive most of my miles on a CEL now lol. Gotta live with it until you tune.

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
I have the Manual 6spd.. but I am looking at either the JB1 or JB4.. (doing some research on that on a separate thread). The 90 degree spacer that I ordered with the downpipe was installed and it still kicked the CEL a few times, however i'm approaching 300 miles and still no CEL after the 3rd clear. If it comes on again i'll probably put in the Variant J spacer to see if that makes any difference..

Regarding the JB4 maps.. I've been hearing that map 6 is easier on the lower gears.. which is what I was leaning towards whenever I get it because i'm not driving it too hard really just want it to be more of a beast on occasion.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
^^
In the JB4 thread I saw someone say that if the o2 is before the cat...get the J bend...after the cat get the straight adapter. I bought a straight one and haven't installed it yet.

I have a JB4 and after installing the FMIC...the CEL came on. I ran the DP with a Neuspeed Power Module for about 1k miles and no CEL. About 300 in with the JB4 and after another 100 with the FMIC...the CEL came on.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Ive had a catless dp with a spacer on my car for about 33k miles, CEL typically pops up when the gas stations change the fuel to the winter blend and back, but after about a tank of fuel, it will clear itself if I haven't already. 2 out of 2 inspections without a problem, and I'm still not tuned because I've been slacking on replacing the clutch, since it's still (mostly) holding just fine.

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
and the fact that you won't pass an emissions test.

Edit - fixed my typo - thanks jim and tigeo

I'm in KC, MO which doesn't have them do luckily im good on emissions

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Ive had a catless dp with a spacer on my car for about 33k miles, CEL typically pops up when the gas stations change the fuel to the winter blend and back, but after about a tank of fuel, it will clear itself if I haven't already. 2 out of 2 inspections without a problem, and I'm still not tuned because I've been slacking on replacing the clutch, since it's still (mostly) holding just fine.
This is good to know good to know... thanks for the input!

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I thought about CEL being caused by certain gas. I always use 93 octance and just switch to chevron gas. I still get a CEL. What type of gas brand you use?